Breast implant removal, under muscle?

I wish to get my implants removed. They are under the muscle so would that mean that when they are removed they are less likely to have a deflated look or will this make no difference? They are silicone.

Breast implant removal, under muscle?

+1

Thank you for the question. The position of your breast implants will not have a great affect on the outcome of the planned procedure, or the appearance of your breasts postoperatively.

What your breasts will look like after explantation depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back), the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation).

Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.

Consulting with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon in person may be helpful. You may find the attached link helpful to you as well.

Implant removal

+1
Breasts always look deflated, to an extent, after an implant removal. The position above or below the muscle should not impact the post-removal appearance.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon