Will Removing Breast Implants Sooner Help to Restore Previous Shape?

Im a 23 yr old Black female who recently got a breast augmentation about 5 months ago and Im wanting to have them removed. (went from a very small B to small D) The Dr. did a great job, but I really miss my old breasts. I realized that I got the enhancement for the wrong reasons and I was perfectly fine before. The question is: How will my breasts LOOK after I get them removed? AND will it make a difference in appearance if I get them removed as soon as possible?? Please help!!

Remove and Wait

+3

It is difficult to say what your breast appearance will be after removal.  Once you have an augmentation there is usually another surgery down the road (removal, exchange or lift).  The best thing to do is have them removed and allow 3-6 months of healing to determine the breast shape.  At the end of that period, it will be revealed if further surgery may be needed to improve your shape.

Good luck.

Dr. ES

Breast implant removal after 5 months and appearance (PHOTO)

+2

In my opinion, the sooner you remove them, the better to allow your breasts to contract. It has been my experience that the will be relatively close to your original appearance with a small loss of upper fullness.

Breast implants and removal

+1

It is hard to predict what your breast will look like after removal. They may not look much different than before but they may be looser. 

Breast Implant removal.

+1

It looks as if the implants are too high on your chest. Perhaps you wold like them more if they were a little bit more natural.  However, if you really do not like them, then you should take them out.  I do not think that time will affect them so much anymore.

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS

Buyer's Remorse and Cosmetic Surgery

+1

A few adages apply here; The "This Old House" - "Measure twice, cut once", or The Talking Heads Life During Wartime - "...This ain't no party, this ain't no disco,  this ain't no fooling around" - you choose. Either way, it is best to take ALL the time you need and see all the surgeons you want BEFORE you have Cosmetic Surgery than try and undo it afterward. You do NOT want to have regrets after having your Cosmetic Surgery.

In your case, removing the implants MAY get you some of the look of the old breasts. It would all depend on how much the breasts were stretched and how much of this expansion is permanent. Obviously, the sooner you act, assuming your breasts were not irreversibly altered by the procedure and time, the higher the odds of some return to the previous look. But be prepared for smaller, somewhat saggier breasts.