Breast Implant Removal After Pregnancy

I've had my implants for over 8 years and in that time had a baby which changed the shape of my breasts. I'm interested in removing the implants but am concerened of the results. What can I expect (cosmetically speaking) and what other procedures not involving replacement might I need?

Breast implant removal after pregnancy

+1

Removing implants after pregnancy is okay, I would jsut wait until the  breasts are no longer engorged.  Asfor the final shape there are many variables that come into play, but it is hard to predict what they will finally look like.  Good luck.

Breast implant removal after pregnancy

+1

It is difficult to predict the shape without knowing more specific details about your case.. Meet with a plastic surgeon and discuss your options.

Breast implant removal after pregnancy

+1

While it is possbile to tighten your skin tissue with a breast lift over your previous breast implants, it is frequently best to replace an implant that is 8 to 10 years old and complete the breast lift at the same time. If you just want to remove the implant and not replace it, a breast lift will probably work for you, but you will likely lose some volume in your breast (that an implant could replace). This all depends upon your situation, anatomy and desires and is best decided after an in-person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Deason Dunagan, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant removal after having children

+1

Removal of breast implants years after having children will reduce the volume of your breasts.  If you have noticed that the breasts are sagging, which is usually the case, the sagging will be made worse.  This can be easily corrected with a breast 'lift" procedure known as a mastopexy.  Mastopexy can be done with or without replacement implants and will reduce the extra skin that has stretched out from breast feeding and the subsequent involution of breast tissues.  If you just need volume, then you should consider implants.  If you just need skin reduction, then consider the mastopexy.  If you want fuller, younger, perky breasts, then consider the combination of mastopexy with implants.

Randy Wong, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon