Considering breast implant reduction and lift but afraid of cost and scars?

1982 A cup to a full B, I went 26 yrs with them, had 5 babies, up/down weight etc. 2008 they were painful and hard. one had ruptured and the encapsulation had kept it all in,dr was surprised I went that long. I wanted them out and lifted but Dr talked said after the weight ups n downs and years she suggested a little bigger, I went to a small C,they were perfect. full,natural with a little droop.now,after 15lbweight gain, they sag,and I am thinking I want them made smaller again and lifted.

Breast options

+1

It would help to see photos. You may be a good candidate to ave the implants either removed or downsized accompanied by a lift. Scar are involved with any lift and only you can determine if the scraps are a worthwhile trade off in your particular case.

Implant Exchange with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift(TM)

+1
There is a new technique that uses only a circumareola incision to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall, more medial to increase your cleavage and remove or exchange your implants. This technique avoids the ugly vertical scars of the lollipop technique or the Wise pattern. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. The cost is approximately $11,000. Best Wishes, Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

+1

This is very difficult to answer without pictures and will depend upon current shape and droop as well as volume removed.

+1

If you currently have implants and have not had a lift, there is a chance that going smaller you may need a lift. However, when implants are placed behind the muscle, there is a small chance that you may not need a lift, depending on whether you are completely removing the implants, or changing them to a smaller size. If you feel that you already have sagging, then it is likely that you will get your best results with a lift. There are several types of lifts, the best way to know for sure what is going to give you the results you are looking for is to have an in office consultation and exam and discuss what results you are looking to achieve. Best of luck!

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon