Breast Implant Recovery

I was wondering how many days I would need to be out of work after getting breast implants done. Does it matter on how the doctor inserts the implant? My doctor mentioned going through my arm pit or under my breast. What should I expect? Thanks!

Returning to work after breast augmentation

+1

The incision choice is usually not the issue – it’s more about your level of activity at work.  Depending on your job description, I usually advise my patients that they may return to work after one week for light administrative duties and four weeks for strenuous physical labor.  

Returning to work after Breast Augmentation Surgery

+1

Average recovery time for breast augmentation surgery patients is 1 week - but it may be more depending on what kind of work you do.  I don't think the incision make a difference but it does make a difference with the amount of discomfort when the implant is placed sub-muscularly (under the muscle) vs. Sub-glandularly (over the muscle).  I normally recommend sub-muscular placement for most natural, longer lasting results.  I prefer the incision at the areola to try to get the best placement of the implant on the chest wall for the patient.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastaugmentation.htm

Recovering from breast augmentation......

+1

We generally recommend that you take a week off work and avoid strenuous physical activity for three weeks. You will also be under restrictions for lifting objects. 

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/

Recovery after breast augmentation

+1

Recovery time is most affected by where the breast implant is placed. If the implant is placed under the pectoralis muscle, the additional dissection and release of pectoralis muscle fibers typically leads to more post-operative pain than an implant placed subglandular. A subglandular implant is placed under the breast gland, but above the pectoralis muscle. Typically, patients are able to return to a desk job within one week either way.

Good Luck

Recovery from breast augmentation

+1

Recovery from breast augmentation is not an all or none phenomenon.  That is, it is a progressive process over a period of time.  The main determining element is where the implant is: above or below the muscle.  Even though the recovery is worse under the muscle the ultimate result is better.  Recovery  for work is dependent  on the exact kind of work.  Many patients go back to work after a week.

Talmage J. Raine MD FACS

Recovery after Breast Implants

+1

The amount of time you will need off after breast augmentation surgery will depend on a few factors:

1. the type of work you do

2. The implant position (above or below the pectoralis muscle).

3. Your pain tolerance

4. Your surgeon's recommendations

However, as a general rule, if you do desk job type of work, then a week off should be adequate.  If your implants are under the muscle, then you will be more sore than if they are above the muscle.  

I think that it is important that you ask your PS how many days you should wait before returning to work. 

Recovery time after breast implants

+1

Time off work after breast implants varies depending on the patient. Most patients will return to an office type job in no more than one week, some will need as little as four days. If the job is more physical and requires heavier lifting, that time will be longer. In general all activities, even weight lifting, can be resumed by three weeks. Implants placed under the muscle generally need a bit more recovery time than those placed over the muscle

Web reference: http://www.breast augmentationinphiladelphia.com

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant recovery

+1

Usually breast augmentation is a bit uncomfortable especially when the implant is placed under the muscle and the muscle is divided. I tell patients that they can probably go back to desk type work within a week, but should avoid exertional activities for several weeks.