Best Breast Implant Profile for a Natural Look?

I am having my breasts inlarged and today I am dicussing the shape. I am 5'4" 120 pounds. I am going with 325cc. What profile would be the best? I do pageants so it is important that they appear natural.

Implant choices

+1

to size you up for implants takes a physical exam and discussion of your goals. Everyone carries the volume a bit differently and the bras do not always correlate to the volume.

Pleasing Breast Implant Contour / Profile

+1

All factors being the same, in my opinion, the most appealing profile in augmented breasts is achievable with the Mentor implants - Moderate Plus Profile SALINE implants (Style 2000) and their High Profile SILICONE GEL implants (which are close to the Moderate Plus profile saline implants).

The lookl of natural breast augmentation with implants

+1

Natural is what you see on the cover of National Geographic. I assume you mean a subtle breast augmentation and not an overly "inflated" or round bubble like appearance. You have natural appearing breasts now. What you seek is an enlarged breast with a gentle slope to the upper part of the breast which is generally achieved with a moderate profile silicone implant placed under the muscle. Unfortunately, as Dr. Rand points out, this is not the profile that women select when they look at representative before and after photographs. They are more likely to choose high profile silicone gel even though they may be scared by the name "high" profile.

"Natural" breast implant look

+1

This is a very hard thing to grasp these days because if you want to truly look natural (meaning "something nature could have made"), a moderate profile implant will give you that.  However, when I show most patients photos of various "looks" and ask which they like best, they typically pick out ones that they call "natural" but clearly are not.  What they want is to look full in a tank top without a bra pushing them up.  The high profile and moderate plus profile are better for this goal.

So rather than using the word "natural" loosely like so many do, try to determine the upper pole look you want and then get the implant profile that will give you that.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS