Best Breast Implant Profile for a Natural Look?

I am having my breasts inlarged and today I am dicussing the shape. I am 5'4" 120 pounds. I am going with 325cc. What profile would be the best? I do pageants so it is important that they appear natural.

It is very difficult to determine the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 350 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. . Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the following link. 

Implant choices

to size you up for implants takes a physical exam and discussion of your goals. Everyone carries the volume a bit differently and the bras do not always correlate to the volume.

Pleasing Breast Implant Contour / Profile

All factors being the same, in my opinion, the most appealing profile in augmented breasts is achievable with the Mentor implants - Moderate Plus Profile SALINE implants (Style 2000) and their High Profile SILICONE GEL implants (which are close to the Moderate Plus profile saline implants).

The lookl of natural breast augmentation with implants

Natural is what you see on the cover of National Geographic. I assume you mean a subtle breast augmentation and not an overly "inflated" or round bubble like appearance. You have natural appearing breasts now. What you seek is an enlarged breast with a gentle slope to the upper part of the breast which is generally achieved with a moderate profile silicone implant placed under the muscle. Unfortunately, as Dr. Rand points out, this is not the profile that women select when they look at representative before and after photographs. They are more likely to choose high profile silicone gel even though they may be scared by the name "high" profile.

"Natural" breast implant look

This is a very hard thing to grasp these days because if you want to truly look natural (meaning "something nature could have made"), a moderate profile implant will give you that.  However, when I show most patients photos of various "looks" and ask which they like best, they typically pick out ones that they call "natural" but clearly are not.  What they want is to look full in a tank top without a bra pushing them up.  The high profile and moderate plus profile are better for this goal.

So rather than using the word "natural" loosely like so many do, try to determine the upper pole look you want and then get the implant profile that will give you that.