Breast Implant/petite Frame, Will A Full D Implant Look Good On A Short Girl?

Will a full D breast implant look good on a short girl? Breast implant:silicone Body type: sporty, narrow hips, stubborn belly fat Weight: 150 lbs Height: 5'2 ft

Breast Implant Sizing

+1

There are many factors that determine breast implant sizing.  Some of these factors include breast size, laxity of tissues, chest measurements and patient desires.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

You need to be seen

+1

sorry, but it is impossible to answer this question without seeing you in person. Also, as there is no standard breast sizes, no one really knows what a D is.  You need an in person consultation.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

A short girl is not a short girl, is not a short girl

+1

Dear Kp,

From the measurements that you present it sounds as though you have a body type that could carry a D cup breast very easily.  Consultation with an American Board of Plastic Surgery board certified plastic surgeon can give you a better idea of whether your goals are attainable.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Breast implant sizing

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:
1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system
Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Picking the right implant for your body type

+1

Great question. There isn't a perfect answer for this because what looks good to one person may not look good to another. An important part of your consultation with your plastic surgeon will be to determine what kind of look you are trying to achieve. Are you looking for a natural look, or a more dramatic look. It also depends on how much breast tissue you are starting with. If you are starting with a small A-cup breast, then placing larger implants to get into a D-Cup bra will be a fairly substantial transformation. On the other hand, if you are currently a C and want to be a D then this will be less dramatic of a change. It also depends on your build. A woman with a narrow chest will look very different with D-cup breasts than someone with a very wide chest. The best thing to do is to see a board certified plastic surgeon and have them assess your goals and do a thorough exam. You can then try on different size implants in the office (bring the bra that you think you want to fit into). If you have a plastic surgeon in your area who uses the Vectra system I suggest you get a consultation there. We use it in our office and it is a great way to show patients what they would look like with different size implants.

Good luck.

Justin West, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant sizing

+1

Thank you for the question, however, it is difficult to answer you question precisely online without at least pictures. You would need to have an examination and ideally a 3-D Vectra imaging simulation to try on different size implants and see visually what you postoperative outcome would be like.  Best of luck. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Choosing Implant Size

+1

This is a common question, and an important one. Unfortunately, you're not going to get a satisfying answer online. There isn't a simple formula for determining the right breast implant size. A good plastic surgeon assesses many factors beyond height and weight, and helps you select a size, shape, and profile that will give you great-looking results that also work for your lifestyle. Many of us even use advanced digital imaging technology to let you see how different implants might look on you. Another thing to consider: if a liposuction procedure could remove your stubborn belly fat, your breasts might appear larger, and you may not want or need such large implants. This is something that a board-certified plastic surgeon can help you to determine. Good luck!

Andrew Smith, MD, FACS
Irvine Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture. Despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you with  meaningful specific advice.  Ultimately, in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be necessary. Careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as  “natural”  or “full D cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

him focuses

I hope this (and the attached link) help.