Breast Implant Movement and Air Bubble

It has now been two weeks since my breast augmenation and from the start I felt movement in my right breast when i move my right arm. Now it feels like a air bubble maybe?

A popping in and out in a area and sometimes it hurts and its alot smaller then the left. Last night I had some water coming out of it and this morning when i touched it. Help please. What is this?

Fluid and noise from implant

+1

Your unusual symptoms do not sound good. You should not have fluid leaking fromyour breast or hear a popping noise. See your surgeon ASAP.

Breast Implant Movement and Air Bubble

+1

This does not sound normal. Normally an implant does not become smaller in size unless there is a leak or rupture. However, it is more likley that the left is more swollen.  Discuss this with your surgeon.

You have a complication after breast implants.

+1

Hi.

The sounds don't worry me, but if you have liquid coming out and one breast is a lot smaller after breast implants, you could have a serious complication. See your surgeon right away.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Weird noises soon after Breast Augmentation

+1

Weird or strange noises such as gurgling, and a sloshing feeling in the breast 1-2 weeks after surgery is perfectly normal. It is usually due to air and small amount of fluid which may be present inside the pocket. If these sounds or feelings persist after 2 weeks, let your surgeon now so he/she can examine you.

Michael A. Jazayeri, MD
Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

Sounds in breast after augmentation

+1

You may be experiencing a small fluid collection around the implant which will generally resolve on its own within a few weeks. However, if you notice that the right breast is much smaller than the left, and you had fluid coming out of your incision, then it's possible that you have a ruptured implant (assuming that you have a saline implant). I would advise you to call your surgeon's office and see if you can go in for a brief visit. If nothing is wrong, this will reassure both you and your surgeon. Good luck and best wishes.

Nina S. Naidu, MD, FACS

Breast implants making noise and moving

+1

Hi there-

In the first few days to weeks after breast augmentation surgery, it is very common for patients to experience some movement sensations, as well as to hear "sloshing", "gurgling", or other similar sounds as the implant moves within its pocket.

These sounds are almost always gone in a week or two, and would not be anything to worry about unless the breast was becoming more painful over time, with skin discoloration, fevers, or other concerning symptoms.

For complete reassurance, call your surgeon and visit the office.

Armando Soto, MD

Air and fluid in breast implant pocket takes time to be absorbed

+1

Your comments are normal and the sounds are normal. Air and fluid that is in the breast implant pocket there takes some weeks to be fully absorbed by your body.

If there is visible size difference that is new, such as new bleeding or fluid causing new one sided swelling you should call your doctor. It could be new bleeding.

Keith Denkler, MD
Marin Plastic Surgeon

Weird sensations early after breast augmentation

+1

It is very common for patients early after a breast augmentation to describe what you have.  It has been described by many wodrs, but "glugging", "burbling" are memorable ones.  It always goes away in a few weeks.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS