Change Mentor Silicone Implant Due to Ridges?

finished my breast implant for 6months. mentor silicone 225cc, but now get ridged, I don't know what can i do . shall i need to change one , the current situation is i can feel my skin there is not smooth, but can't tell it by eyes.

Ridging of implants

+2

If you are very thin, you may feel ridges of the implant especially inferiorly even when they are placed in a biplanar  (submuscular) pocket.

Unhappy with Breast Implant Ridges

+1

Regarding: " Change mentor silicone implant due to ridges?  finished my breast implant for 6months. mentor silicone 225cc, but now get ridged, I don't know what can i do . shall i need to change one , the current situation is i can feel my skin there is not smooth, but can't tell it by eyes."

Dear pan in china,

ALL breast implants ripple and create ridges when supported on their side. Therefore, to get a natural, smooth look the implants MUST be covered with as much of your tissue as possible. In MOST breast augmentation patients this means putting CAREFULLY CHOSEN implants under BOTH the breast and the muscle.

I like Mentor implants which are highly cohesive but I do not know WHICH implants were used in you. If the implants ARE under the breast and the muscle the only other solutions to hide the rippling is either placing sheets of AlloDerm or Strattice between the implant and the breast skin and or use fat grafting to increase the soft tissue layer between the breast skin and the implants.

Good Luck.

Dr. Aldea

You may have subglandular implants

+1

Please check with your surgeon about the position of the implants. Silicone implants have less rippling than the saline implants. If you have very thin breast tissue and the implants are above the muscle,rippling is going to be noticeable.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Palpable ridges with silicone implant

+1

Rippling is inevitable to some degree due to fluid dynamics. This is not completely avoidable. However, it tends to be less with the higher profile or more cohesive style implants. I am not certain as to what is available in China but cohesive gels are available in Europe.