Breast Implant Infection or Skin Infection? (photo)

I had my 2nd beast augmentation surgery on October 4th due to CC and they already look and feel much better. The only problem now is that I may have an infection. The only symptoms I have is some redness on the lower part of my breast. My incision this time was through my nipple and I have 420cc's saline. My PS has me on three antibiotics and ibuprofen. I'm following up with him every 2-3days.. I have another 2 weeks on the antibiotics.

Implant infection or skin infection

+2

A skin infection of the skin over an implant is just as concerning as an implant infection. Keep following up closely with your surgeon and call him immediately if you develop any of the other signs of infection such as spreading redness, swelling, increased pain, fevers or drainage. 

If a little redness is your only sign/symptom now, you will probably be ok, but keep up with your surgeon.

Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Infection After A Revision Breast Augmentation

+1

Hello.

Thank you for posting your photos.

It seems that you are on the right track by following your surgeon's instructions.

Usually, antibiotics should do the job but it is also important to keep an eye on your progress closely; any negative shift of the current situation should be reported to your surgeon before the infection gets worse and could put you at a possible risk where you will need to have your implants removed.

Thank you for your inquiry and the best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Breast Implant Infection or Skin Infection?

+1

Whatever you are describing and trying to demonstrate in the photos is not clear to me in those photos. The incision itself looks rather unremarkable. 

I think that the close follow up you and your surgeon are pursuing is the most appropriate course of action at this time.

Thanks and best wishes.