Breast Implant for a D Cup?

I am getting my beasts done in two weeks and I am concerned if I chose the right size. I am currently a small b cup and would like to be a d but not more than a dd. my measurements are diameter 14, under 27, across 31, above 34. I am 5'7 and 125 pounds. I am getting silicone implants. My doctor recommend 500cc right breast and 475 for my left high profile under the muscle. I am thinking this may be too large. Should I switch to 450cc/425cc?

Breast Implant for a D Cup

+1

Thanks for your question, and for the measurements included. With a breast width of 14 cm, the implants that you are considering are certainly appropriate in that they are not wider than your natural breast tissue. 

As to choice of size, that is something to be decided at consultation or pre-op visit, in person. I like to have patients try on implants, and use that as a guide. The sizers usually look a bit larger on top of the breasts than the same size inserted surgically, so I will usually choose an implant about 10% larger. 

50 cc is not a lot of difference at those volumes and the resulting breast size may be only barely different. 

But have this conversation with your surgeon. All the best.

Best Breast Implants For Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Despite providing good pictures and  precise body measurements, it is not possible to provide you with precise advice online.
 When it comes to selection of the “best” breast implant size/profile to meet patient's goals, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “D or DD cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

2.5 cup size Increase - What Size Implant?

+1

Each cup increase warrants about 200 to 250 cc increase in volume.  Thus, to go up 2.5 or 3 cup sizes you would need at least 500 cc.  The plastic surgeon seems to be sizing you accordingly, but an in-person exam is critical to determine this with any real accuracy.