Breast Implant Dropping Too Much Possible?

I'm 2 months PO of BA and my right implant is still high which I'm told wait up to 6 months for final results. But I can't help but think this "is not normal". My left breast has dropped and fluffed at my 3rd week PO as my PS says but has it dropped too much now? I don't know what's going on here. I'm in no pain and have resumed all normal activities and both are equally soft/squeezable. I look great in bras/clothes but nude pictures say different. Do I need revision and why? Will it get worse?

Asymmetry

+1

It is normal for one to "drop" before the other. Wait 3-6 months and it should even out. Try to relax and just wait.

Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Breast Asymmetry?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

It is not unusual to have some breast asymmetry,  especially 2 months out of breast augmentation surgery. I would agree that you should wait at least 6 months ( or better yet one year)  prior to evaluating the results of the surgery and the potential need for further surgery. 

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastaugmentation.htm

2 months may be too early

+1

The time it takes for implants to settle is not only different with each patient, but can also be different between breasts in the same patient. I agree that 2 months is too early to tell the final implant position. Also, normally you want the nipple to be centered on the breast mound, and yours look like they are sitting low right now. That may change if the implants drop, but you may still need a lift if the entire breast and implant are sitting low on the chest wall. Either way, give it some time and keep close followup with your surgeon.

Breast implants after a few months

+1

First, it looks like the photo on the right is pre-op and not a great photo, but you have some asymmetry.  All breasts are a bit different. They will look a bit different after surgery as well. You have to give them  more time to settle in as well.

Breast implant dropping

+1

definitely wait 6 months before doing any revision work.  i dont see preop pictures.  was one breast lower than the other to start?  be patient

Newark Plastic Surgeon

Asymmmetry after breast augmentation

+1

In general, I would suggest waiting at least six months to allow the right implant to settle further to match the left side.  It is often the case that one side will drop before the other.  Breast massage exercises may help.  If you are concerned, consider scheduling another visit with your plastic surgeon.  You can ask him/her what their plan will be in the event the the asymmetry is still noticeable after six months.  Best of luck. 

One implant ALWAYS settles more quickly

+1

In my experience, it is very common for one implant to settle more quickly than the other.  Indeed, patients often note that an implant hasn't moved for a couple of months, and then over a couple of days, it settles to match the other one.  I certainly agree with waiting for at least six months before doing anything surgically.  I'm not sure whether massaging the breast and/or wearing a band above the breast will help, but you might ask your surgeon about that option as well.

Breast implant dropping too much?

+1

Having not seen and examined you before your surgery, and not having seen preop photos, I am not sure if you had preop asymmetry, whether you have different implant sizes in your breasts etc.  You should address this with your surgeon who presumably knows more about what was done at surgery and what healing is expected.  Breasts can settle differently over time, but if after a few months things are still uneven, you may need a revision.  But you should be evaluated now as some maneuvers to influence your healing might be instituted, such as bras, upper pole bandeaus or straps, changes in your implant dispalcement exercises, etc.

Web reference: http://www.seattleplasticsurgery.com/breast-augmentation-surgery.html

Breast Asymmetry after Surgery

+1

It is good advice to wait at least six months before thinking about revision surgery.  Also, it is best to address these concerns with your surgeon as they know your specific case best.  You can discuss with them massage techniques which may help the implants settle quicker.

Good Luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

+1

I think it is a good idea to wait for six months before deciding upon a revision after breast augmentation. Meanwhile, massaging the breast downwards may help with its decend.

El Paso Plastic Surgeon