What Is Preventing One Of my Implants From Dropping? (Photo)

Hi there I am 3 weeks post op after having 400cc smooth round saline implants over the muscle..from the 2nd day after surgery the left breast dropped its round and sits a good few inches below the right one.. which is squareish. My question is this do overs drop like unders do I have heard that what you see is what you get and i dont know whats preventing the implant from dropping into place ?? Ive had the band on as directed and have been instructed to massage the right breast more ...

Breast Implants at Three Weeks

+2

It is still very early and  you should allow up to three months for your implants to settle before making any rash decisions. Preop photos would be helpful to identify any asymmetry that was present before surgery. Be Patient.

Asymmetry after breast augmentation

+2

You are still in the early postop period and massage with the breast band should help.  Make sure your plastic surgeon monitors your progress.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Settling of implants

+2

I frequently see a variation in the time it takes for implants to drop from one side to the other.  Since you are only 3 weeks out from your operation, it is far too early to make any judgments regarding this issue.  Continue with the instructions that your surgeon has given you.

Another thing to consider is the position of your breasts before the surgery.  All women (and men) have some asymmetry of their breasts.  From the photograph it appears that your right infra-mammary fold is higher than the one on the left.  I imagine that this was the way it was before surgery as well.  You might want to check your preoperative photographs.

Be patient for now and continue with your scheduled follow-up appointments.  Best wishes.

Eric T. Emerson, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants "dropping" into the pocket

+1

Unfortunately, sometimes it does take longer for one side to "settle" into the pocket than the other side. Continue to do the downward exercises / massages and give yourself time for recovery.   Keep going to your post op appointments so that your plastic surgeon can make sure things are healing properly.