I have decided to trade my 400hp for 175cc (right) and 200cc (left) to get a nice B. I received my breast implants a month ago. I have my re-do surgery in 2 weeks. Would it be better if I could get in sooner? I'm pretty persistent as you can tell. I only have work off until the end of this month.
Can I Have Breast Augmentation Re-do This Early?
Doctor Answers (10)
Give your chest wall tissues time to settle
I would recommend that you wait at least 3 months before undergoing a breast augmentation revision. Give yourself time to heal and the chest wall tissues time to relax and settle down. Don’t be in a rush! I wish you the very best!
One month after surgery you are still swollen: adjusting breast size soon after surgery
IT has been shown t that you are swollen anywhere from 5-15% this early after surgery. You can have your implants removed at any time. However, I would have to call into quesiton your judgment and why you made the 400 cc decisions in the first place which is radically different from 175 cc. How do you truly know if 175 cc is perfect? Why not 200cc? Why not 150 cc. Although surgery is relatively low risk, it should not be undertaken lightly.. Perhaps you may want to consider post-operativley adjusttable implants which allow some flexibility in the size for 6 months.
Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/
Get smaller breast implants before tissues stretch.
You sound too big, and you sound sure. So I would go along with replacing the breast implants as soon as possible. The pockets will have to be made smaller, and this can be tricky.
You might also like...
Exchanging breast implants
I am sorry that you are not happy with the size. Now that you have had them for a month, I woudl wait until things soften up before putting in much smaller implants. But, you may need a lift.
You may regret breast augmentation redo this early
You can do this, but may ultimately regret it. How did you choose the implant sizes you want? How do you know they will result in the cup sizes you indicate?
You might want to think about this and talk about it with your surgeon before you have more surgery.
You should wait longer
This is very early to undergo a revision. Your tissues are still swollen and the implants are not settled. I think it would be a mistake to do the surgery this soon after your original surgery. Also, please make sure you are comfortable with the sizes you choose. You can't just keep going in and switching them out like you are going through the drive-through window at a fast food restaurant. Every time you have surgery are are affecting the tissues and forming more scar tissue. Please be careful with your choices. Good luck.
Web reference: http://www.RealPlasticSurgery.com
No reason to rush
I can tell you are a determined person. I would ask you to think back to the beginning when you were sizing and discussing this with your surgeon. There seems to be a disconnect in your consultation and discussion of final breast size. Is this something that you have changed your mind on or did you not know what 400 cc implants would do for you?
As you consider these questions make sure you are making the right choice to change at this point in time. The new sizes you have selected are significantly different.
If you are certain in your decision to change then it is better to do it sooner than later but there is no need to make it any faster than you have it set up at this time.
Sooner is not better
I think later would be better. However many things must be taken into consideration, including your emotional status. I think it would be wise to wait longer, but if you insist, I would say no sooner than 6 weeks, and only if you truly insist!
On another note, I would encourage you to understand the proportions of the implants and what goes on with the sizing. If you don't mind, I will give you some information
There are low, moderate, and high profile implants. This means that if you have an implant say, 400 cc'c, and it comes in different profiles, you will find that the low profile has less projection and a greater diamter to hold the volume. The high profile implant has a lot of projection, but a narrow diameter. In my opinion, it is the diameter that is the most important thing in sizing of implants.
Having said that, the next key for implant sizing is to understand what happens as you change size within the same projection or profile. As your implant gets bigger, it is the diameter that increases way more than the projection. This is KEY!!!!!!!
In your case, you are going way down in size which will decrease the diameter a lot, and the projections, but not so much. I would worry that the diameter will be inadequate to give you a natural cleavage and fullness in the areas that are needed for an aesthetic result.
You may also want to consider moderate or low profile implants as options.
You may also want to refer to Mentor's or McGhan's web site and study how the implant dimensions change in size with change in volume.
You don't want to be lining up for BAM #3 in 6 weeks.
You are probably going to regret this
You have asked many questions about this and clearly are not a good listener. Practically everybody has advised you to wait for many good reasons but you persist in treating this like an emergency which it is not. You have no idea how much smaller you will be after surgery, almost like you had no augmentation using those new implants. I think you are overshooting on the downsizing. There is clearly a communication problem between you and your doctor and now it is clear that much of the problem is coming from your side.
Are you sure?
I would recommend waiting longer. The sizes you are considering are so far apart that you may feel too small if you change now that you are used to seeing 400cc implants. Did you discuss sizing with your surgeon in detail prior to your procedure? Typically there is a very narrow range of implants that would match your body. Going from 400cc down to 175cc seems a bit drastic. Why were these implants not considered before your surgery? Also waiting longer to allow healing of the pocket will make any size change surgery easier and also give your more time to really consider your sizing. Make sure you understand the risks of repeat surgery such as capsular contracture, and possible persistent unhapiness with your implant size.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.
You might also like...
Ask a Doctor
Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.