Looking for a Breast Implant Doctor Near Los Angeles

i live near los angeles and i am looking for a surgeon for a breast augmentation. i dont have many referrals to go by and i would like to find a doctor who specializes in this type of surgery but im not sure how to start looking for one. i didnt want to see doctors based on google searches... if u you have any suggestions on how i may find a good surgeon i would really appreciate it.

Breast augmentation in Los Angeles

+2

There are many good plastic surgeons in the Los Angeles area.  You should make sure your surgeon is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and operates in an accredited facility.  Also ask to see many before and after photos of previous patients. You should probably visit with two or three surgeons to decide which surgeon and facility is best for you.

We offer 3D imaging which is very helpful for patients who want to see what they may look like with breast implants in place; it's a very useful visual tool.

Dr. Bruno

Lots of good choices

+2

The most important thing here is the credentialing and community reputation of your surgeon among patients and physicians. A good starting point is the ASAPS website (surgery.org). ASAPS is highly selective and requires significant real-world experience beyond completion of residency, and is limited to board-certified plastic surgeons. I strongly advise against having cosmetic surgery with anyone other than a board-certified plastic surgeon, or at least one who is eligible to take the American Board of Plastic Surgery exam (but may not have taken it yet due to recently graduating residency). Plastic surgeons are prohibited from advertising ourselves as "Board-Eligible" and cannot publish a board-eligibility status until passing the boards. This ethical standard separates us from those who are not formally trained in plastic surgery who attempt to convince the lay public that their limited cosmetic surgical education is equivalent to plastic surgical training. Be mindful that there are very good plastic surgeons who have not yet completed the board certification process. I was one such surgeon 7 years ago, and am glad I had patients then who had confidence in my talents. If you feel comfortable with a younger surgeon, and feel s/he will be ethical and compassionate in caring for you, do not be prejudiced by the lack of grey hair...

I personally know or have trained with several excellent plastic surgeons in LA: W. Grant Stevens, Chris Crisera, Vishal Kapoor, Jennifer Newman-Keagle, Wesley Schooler, Kouros Azar, Brent Moelleken, Andrew Smith, to name a few.

Tim A. Sayed, MD, FACS
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Choosing a surgeon

+2

Do your homework. Your surgeon should be board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Membership in the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery will insure a further depth of experience and that your surgeon adheres to the Code of Ethics of the profession.

Look at your surgeons before and after photos on the website and at  the office to understand the surgeons aesthetic sense. Ask about the depth of experience your surgeon has with the procedure you are interested in having.

Go to more than one consultation and learn as much as you can from the doctors. The more educated you are about the surgery the better decisions you will make.

I hope this helps with your search. 

Robert W. Kessler, MD, FACS
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

The Best Plastic Surgeon for Breast Implant Surgery

+1

he Best Breast Augmentation Surgeon

Finding the best surgeon for a natural looking result from breast augmentation

When considering breast augmentation surgery, I believe that the most important question for a prospective patient to ask themselves is this: Am I seeking a natural-appearing result? If the answer is yes, then seek out a surgeon who has the same aesthetic sensibility that you have (and appropriate training and experience). And insist on seeing `before and after' photos. A lot of them.

I have never understood the desire on the part of patients or physicians (especially physicians) to create unnaturally large breasts. I see 'before and after' photos at plastic surgery meetings and I almost always find myself asking the question: What's the `big' idea?

I view breast augmentation as more than a breast enhancement surgery. It is a total body contouring surgery, and the breast profile that one creates with implants should match a patient's overall figure. It should appear completely plausible that the breasts have not been surgically enhanced. I want for my patient's appearance to make others think "Wow - what a great figure", not "I wonder who her plastic surgeon is".

Over and over I hear patients remark, after reviewing some of our `before and after' photos, that they had no idea that a breast augmentation could look so natural. It can, and in my opinion it should. Having practiced plastic surgery in the 'breast augmentation capital of the world' (Los Angeles), and having performed hundreds of breast augmentations in North Carolina for patients who are seeking a breast enhancement that looks like it actually is a natural part of their body, I have developed some fairly strong opinions about this operation.

it is important to discuss the following with your plastic surgeon

Cohesive silicone gel vs. saline breast implants
How many cc's? - deciding on implant volume
Incision locations
Subpectoral vs prepectoral implant position
Attention to detail in breast augmentation
Breast augmentation after pregnancy
Special considerations: asymmetry, tuberous/constricted breasts, etc
Recovery and downtime
Avoiding capsular contracture
Revisional breast augmentation surgery

Of course select a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and perhaps a member of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.

Viewing many photographs can also help you to determine whether or not a plastic surgeon shares your aesthetic sensibility

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation plastic surgeon

+1

Breast augmentation, enlargement with either silicone or saline implants is one of my specialties. I have been in practice doing just cosmetic surgery for over 15 years and breast surgery is the most common that I do. I listen to the patient, explain the different options available to them, whether it be the different incisions to place the implants, under or over the muscle as well as different implants. Then, together after examining the patient, discuss the best approach as to incision, position and type of implants as well as size. I presently have an unbeatable all-inclusive fee(please e-mail us to find out) which includes my surgical fee, the cost of the silicone or saline implants, the facility and MD anesthesologist fee. We can even provide low-interst financing to our patients. Why go to a "mill" when you can have individual attention with someone that is certfied by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, has vast experience that you can trust and rely on! 

We have many,many patients that would be more than happy to talk with you and share their experiences. We also provide a video of my actual surgeries(which you can also see on my website). Finally, we do extend a courtesy consultation.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Los Angeles Breast Augmentation

+1

I would recommend Dr David Davis.  I have personal knowledge of his skills and integrity.  Also, you can check with the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.

Tal Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Bre

+1

There are many ways to find a good plastic surgeon.  Do your homework.  Ask your friends who they went to.  Pay a visit to a few plastic surgeons in your area and see if your are comfortable in their offices.  Ask your local medical society and search for one on the ASAPS website.   Follow the link I provided below.

Jay H. Ross, MD
Palm Harbor Plastic Surgeon

LA breast surgeon

+1

The best place to start to find a breast surgeon in Los Angeles is by going to the ASPS or ASAPS websites and locating one in your area.  Good luck.

LA Area Breast Augmentation Surgeons

+1

I know three great surgeons in the LA area:  Nirav Savalia(949-759-0980), Hisham Seify (949-251-1502), and Eugene Kim (310-205-3546).  They are all well trained, with great experience, and are very nice people.  You will have a great surgery and experience with any of them.

Luis Zapiach, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

How to pick a plastic surgeon.

+1

Tips on picking a Plastic Surgeon
Article by George J. Beraka, MD

1) Is the surgeon a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery? Members usually do a lot of cosmetic surgery.

2) Did you sense a commitment to excellence in the office. Did the surgeon spend a lot of time with you? Someone who rushes through the consultation may rush through the surgery.

3) Were you treated as an individual? Did the surgeon present you with a surgical plan tailor made for you?

4) Plastic surgeons have to have a good eye and meticulous technique. Did the surgeon show you A LOT of before and after pictures, and did you love the results?

5) Talk to other doctors you know. Established plastic surgeons have a reputation in the community, good or bad.

6) Ask to speak to a patient who has had the procedure you want. You are looking for a surgeon who does a lot of what you want. Many patients are eager to share their experience. Privacy is preserved by having the patient call you.

7) If you are having breast augmentation, ask if the surgeon has a large inventory of different size and shape breast implants available in the operating room. A surgeon who does a lot of breast surgery will have an inventory. This way, the final implant choice does not have to be made in advance.

8) With office surgery, make sure the surgical facility is ACCREDITED. Very important safety assurance.

9) Make sure the anesthesia is given by a BOARD CERTIFIED ANESTHESIOLOGIST. Another very important safety factor.

10) Make sure the office has trained nurses available for hands-on post operative care. This can really speed recovery.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)