Choosing the Right Breast Implant Size

What size implant would be right for me? I'm 5'3" 105 lbs. I have A's right now I've thought about a full B or a little C.

Please consult with a board certified/eligible plastic surgeon to properly adivise you!

+2

Your concerns and questions regarding breast augmentation are very appropriate to all women undergoing this procedure. To begin with, I must strongly encourage you to see a board certified/eligible plastic surgeon that is experienced in breast surgery. For many reasons, this is the very most important step to take. After a thorough medical history and examination, he/she will be able to appropriately advise you.

How do we determine the best implant size for you? There are many factors that must be considered, such as your wants and needs, body dimensions, vocation, and outside activities. In other words, we must always individualize.

The average American woman stands 5’ 4’’ and weighs 140 lbs…you are petite. On average, 95% or more of our patients choose breast implants between 300-450 cc, or the equivalent of 10-15 oz. Keep in mind that a coke can is only 12 oz. It does not take a large volume to give you your desired look!

Because of your small body size, I would downward shift you to a range between 300-400 cc. The most important maneuver is to take these implants within the suggested range and place them into you bra. The proper size implant should generate a feeling of comfort and ‘feel’ right! You stated that you are a A cup. There is no conformity in bra size, but this should place you at or near a full B, or small C cup.

Again, I must strongly encourage you to see a board certified/eligible plastic surgeon that is experienced in breast surgery. I hope you find this helpful!

Englewood Plastic Surgeon

The right size for you

+2

Taking into account your height and weight, the surgeon should measure the base width behind your breast and this will determine which width implants will fit your body properly, not too wide or too narrow. Beyond that, the profile of the implant will determine the final "look" you get. The "moderate" profile will give you a natural look, one that looks real. The "moderate plus" will give you some excess upper pole fullenss, sort of like you had a push up bra on all the time. The "high profile" implant will give you even more fullness and forward projection. The volume of the implant just follows the base width and profile and the final cup size is determined by what fits you best when you have gotten the look you want.

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsurgery.com

Proper Implant Selection

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Choosing the right implant size

+1

Choosing the right implant for you requires a discussion with a surgeon, and a good physical exam and history. I take a lot of time with patients going over this very question To tell you what size would be right for you without spending this time is not going to be accurate. 

Choosing the right breast implant size

+1

SEE VIDEO FOR EXAMPLE OF A BREATS SIZING DEVICE:

This is not an easy question to answer. Sizes vary tremendously based on numerous factors in addition to your goals. This includes both immediate and long term expectations/changes as well as your antomy and age.

There are many techniques or devices available to help you decide and visualize the final result. This includes the rice test, zip lock baggie or condom filled with water, and breast implant sizers. Below is one available device.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/chicago-breast-enlargement.html

Probably around 300 cc breast implants, but you need an exam

+1

You will find surgeons disagree on this topic.  You really need an exam to figure out sizing. Final sizing is done in the operating room using a sizer for my patients.

Your breast diameter and the arrangement of the tissue you have right now also figure into the choice of implant.

Best Regards.

Orange Plastic Surgeon

See an experienced breast surgeon

+1

trackchich15200,

The internet has a tremendous amount of good information, and we are happy to contribute to your decision process, but no one here can give you a proper answer except to have consultations.

My general advice includes: There isn't a good conversion from cc's (or milliliters) to cup size. Also, I do not think patients get much help from comparing their pre-op breast size or appearance to their friends or pictures on the internet. The best way I have found for a patient to visualize their result is to use an un-padded bra and external sizers, both with and without clothes. Through this method, you have to consider that you will not get as much projection as you see, but you will get more cleavage.

In addition, the patient's response to seeing themselves with the sizers allows doctors to understand better what they want to achieve. The consultation includes an examination of your body proportions, chest wall, and the breasts themselves. All the information is used to give you an answer to your question, "what implant size would be right for me?"

Greenville Plastic Surgeon

Open discussion important when choosing implant size

+1

During a consultation size is always discussed. An open discussion wtih your plastic surgeon will help you understand what size is right for your particular body build and for your individual desires. It is best to match the size of the implant to your tissue characteristics.

If your skin is thin with little elasticity, you will find that a large implant which initially looks okay, will begin to stretch your breasts. Time, weight, and gravity are not on your side. If you have a chest circumference less than 28 inches you may consider a high profile implant as well. With appropriate planning, you will end up wtih the correct implant for your size and shape.

See your board certified plastic surgeon for sizers

+1

trackchic,

There is a range of implant volumes that will give you an augmentation to a full B or small C cup breast. You will probably be around the 200-250cc range. A more accurate determination can be made in consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon after evaluating your body frame and tissue characteristics. Many plastic surgeons will use "sizers" during the surgery to decide what volume gives you the best size for your needs. I would recommend a few different consultations to obtain some different opinions. Good luck!

Temporary disposable implant SIZERS used DURING surgery determine the final ideal size.

+1

Hi! Your expectations are very realistic and sound great. So many women want to go too big.

The best implants for you will be about 200 cc's . I use Mentor round smooth walled Moderate PLUS profile or High profile implants (depending on the width of your chest).

As I say, sizers take all the guess work out of picking size.. During surgery, we place a sizer in your breast and sit you up (you are asleep, of course). Then we place different volumes of saline into the sizer until we find the EXACT volume that gives you a full B-Small C natural look. Then we discard the sizer and open the permanent silicone implants.

A sizer costs $45, so it is a GREAT investment.

I don't use "moderate" profile implants because they are really underfilled low profile implants and they can give you rippling.