Breast Implant Bottoming Out? Please Help.

I am 5 weeks post op and for about a week and 1/2 I have been worried that my left breast is bottoming out. I am 5'7 and 150 lbs with 430cc saline in left and 470cc on right. I have had 4 children and had plenty of breast tissue. I was assymetrical a little before surgery and the surgeon did a small lift on the upper part of my right nipple. I know I am not very far out from surgery and should be patient but they just don't look right.

+1
Thank you for your question.Your surgeon should be the best fit for your answer.From viewing your photos, it does appear that you have bottoming out.There are a lot of reasons for bottoming out after surgery.He can fix your problem with a revision of your procedure. This should be covered by your surgeon also, but it really depends on him and you have to wait a few months before doing this .Thank you again for your question .

Breast Implants

+1

Yes it does look like the left implant is falling below the fold. I suggest tightening of the capsule in about 6 months

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

PHOTO: Uneven breast implant augmentation surgery: implant fell belwo level of crease

+1

It does appear as if your breast implant has descended below your breast crease. Because the new crease is below the level of the right, you will need the crease to be reconstructed and elevated with a capsulorrhaphy and or possible ADM sling.

Revision surgery

+1

It looks like form the photos that the left breast fold has stretched out and the implant is falling below it. It looks like you  may need a revision in 3-6 months to repair the fold.

Bottoming out

+1

Thank you for the photos. You appear to have an asymmetry, but it's impossible to tell from these photos what the cause is. It may be bottoming out. In patients with early bottoming out, the treatment is typically a revision after 6 months when the swelling has resolved. Corrective surgery after breast augmentation should not be performed in the early period after the augmentation if possible because the swelling that remains from the initial operation will lead to an unpredictable result with the revision. Typically, asymmetries present prior to surgery are magnified after augmentation. Make sure you bring your concerns up with your surgeon. It is likely that he/she is very aware of the difference and will help formulate a plan for correction with you. If the correction does not make sense to you, seek a second opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience performing breast revisions.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Yes the Asymmetry is Real, But Best to wait for a Revision

+1
It would be helpful to see your pre-op pictures, but clearly you are asymmetrical right now and I expect you will need a revision.  However, it is usually best to wait at least 3 months, and preferably 6 months for a revision.  Your implants are relatively large for your frame and your result will change over the next few months. Over time both implants will usually come down further.  Then you can evaluate whether only one side should be revised, or both.      Best of luck, James Romanelli, MD, FACS Huntington, New York

James N. Romanelli, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Different Breast Shapes

+1

Hmm.....  I do not think this is bottoming out (hard to tell, pictures are small).   I believe that two different breast shapes have been produced. (obviously)

This situation will not work itself out.  You will need a revision.  Discuss with your surgeon when he/she believes the revision should occur/

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Please see your doctor

+1

You have uneven breast and as you noted you have bottoming out of the left side. The left breast inframamary fold is disrupted and can not hold the implant. You will need revision surgery and please make sure your surgeon is Board certified plastic surgeon and also has done this kind of revision surgery. You have a difficult problem.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon