Breast Implants, Belt Lipectomy and Brazilian Butt Lift Together?

I am getting a breast lift with impants, a belt lipectomy,having my tubes tied, they are doing fat transfer to my butt after the lift. I've had gastric bypass and my gall bladder removed. Can I Have Breast Impants and my Fat Transfer to my Butt Without Messing Up One or the Other?

Belt lipectomy after gastric bypass weight loss surgery

+2

This is way too much surgery for one day. The physiologic assault of a belt lipectomy is greater than any other surgery performed by plastic surgeons except for maybe reshaping of the skull bones which involves exposure of the brain. Without photos or an examination I have no idea how much skin and fat will be removed by the belt lipectomy. If the amount is significant you should keep in mind that a lot of blood will be removed in that skin and consider donating your own blood for retransfusion during surgery. That will speed up your recovery and decrease complication risk. Also if the current skin excess completely covers the genitalia on standing you should consider having the procedure in a hospital not an office or outpatient surgery center. Since you are having your tubes tied at the same time I would assume they are going to cut through the abdominal muscles to get to the tubes. This amount of surgery may stop your bowels from working for a few days which means you cannot eat during that time and need to be with an IV in the hospital.

The early belt lipectomies just removed a circular wedge of fat and skin with some suture tightening of the abdominal muscles. That left patients with flat non-contoured buttocks which makes it hard to hold your pants up and necessitated fat grafting to the buttock. The later forms of the procedure involve creation of a flap of fat from the lower back that is rotated down into the buttocks so that the lower back-buttock contour is not flattened and the need for fat transfer to the but is either diminished or unnecessary. The less tissue that is removed at the time of belt lipectomy the less fat you will have to create a flap for rotation down to the buttock area and the more likely you will require a fat transfer from other areas of the body using liposuction/fat injection.

What is too much cosmetic surgery for one day?

+2

I am assuming you are thinking of this as a one day surgery.  If so, I would encourage you to re-consider and realize that once an elective cosmetic surgery exceeds 6 hours in duration, the risks and complications rise.  In the combination you describe, blood clots would be a real potential issue and these can be fatal.  I'd advise that you stage the procedures.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Multiple Procedures at Once

+1

This is too much surgery in one setting. A belt lipectomy is invasive enough and if it's a single surgeon can take 5 or 6 hours. Not only will your risk of complications go up, but I also feel that the quality of work tends to diminish when so many procedures are being done in a limited amount of time. I would recommend having the belt lipectomy in one stage and the mastopexy augmentation in a second stage.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Dr. Babak Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD

Mulitple procedures

+1

While you possibly can have all these things done at the same time, it may be a positioning problem for you.. Also, with all these procedures the complication rate goes up.

Marathon Cosmetic Surgeries = Frequent complications

+1

Regarding:"Breast Implants, Belt Lipectomy and Brazilian Butt Lift Together?
I am getting a breast lift with impants, a belt lipectomy,having my tubes tied, they are doing fat transfer to my butt after the lift. I've had gastric bypass and my gall bladder removed. Can I Have Breast Impants and my Fat Transfer to my Butt Without Messing Up One or the Other
?"

- breast lift with implants,
- belt lipectomy,
-  tubes tied,
- fat transfer to my butt after the lift.

WHY stop here? Why not add a few MORE operations while you are at it? (You and your surgeon SEEM to think that Plastic Surgery is like a NASCAR pit where multiple operations (the tires, oil and gas can all be changed in a few minutes) and you can pull it all off without risk and be on the road again in no time. This is patently false.

Complications in surgery depend BOTH on the location and extensiveness of surgery as well as its duration. Marathon surgeries surgeries are associated with frequent complications, especially blood clots and infections.

Two more things for you to consider: How precise and meticulous do you think your surgeon and his assistant(s) can be if they had to squeeze so much surgery in under 8 hours? Lastly, with surgery involving your chest , buttocks and your trunk circumferentially which part of your body will you be able to rest upon without pain? Have your surgeon suggest to you just how you will be able to rest after surgery.

It would be a lot safer and comfortable for you if you did these operations in stages.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Too much surgery

+1

The combination of the hysterectomy and other surgeries is associated with high complication rate . Pelvic surgeries have high potential for deep vein trombosis  and adding multiple long surgery is not safe. Please do not push your surgeon to do all of the mentioned surgeries at the same time.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Multiplle simultaneous procedures.

+1

This is an extensive operation and does carry numerous risks and complications which should be fully discussed prior to tproceeding with the surgery.

Staged procedures

+1
I would recommend staging the procedures to minimize the risk. The longer the procedure the higher risk of blood loss and venous clotting. You can achieve good results by spacing the procedures in at least two stages. Good luck!

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

Multiple Procedures Increase Operative Risks

+1

I agree that you should undergo the belt lipectomy as a single pricedure.  This alone is a very time-consuming operation.  Combining it with a mastopexy with implants or a Brazilian lift would definitely increase your risks, especially of those of a thromboembolic nature.  It would also make your recovery much more difficult.

John Whitt, MD

Staged procedures

+1

I always encourage weight loss patients to stage their procedure according to desire and PS recommendation. Having all of those operations certainly does increase your risk of complications, some possibly life threatening.

I would recommend that you discuss this with your PS and get your operations done in a staged manner.

Delio Ortegon, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon