Why Is One Breast Higher & Bigger Than the Other 2 Weeks PO? (photo)

I had breast agumentation 2/16/212. Both my breast sizes were thankfully both even in size and shape before surgery. Post-op they looked the same size swollen. My left one was more sensitive to the touch, pretty numb sensation but now I am finding that my right breast is higher and looks bigger (fuller) than my left breast. They are both soft now and I have been doing my massaging. Why is this? I got 400cc silicone unders in both breast..

Appearance will change

+1
It's common the breasts to look asymmetrical so soon after your surgery. It takes months for the breasts to drop and look more natural, so wait until then before you judge your results. 

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after breast augmentation

+1

It is VERY common to have asymmetry early after breast augmentation surgery. This can be the result of many things, including swelling, your body's natural asymmetry, and other issues. Two weeks is very early after surgery, so your body is still healing and your implants are still settling.  I suggest you keep all of your  appointments with your board certified plastic surgeon and follow his/her advice.

I hope that helps and wish you all the best!

James Knoetgen, III, MD
Fresno Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry post-op

+1

Thank you for posting your photo and concerns. Firstly you have had a lovely result!  Your healing more often occurs at different times in the 2 breasts and if you are right handed you may find that the right side heals differently vs the left.  I do not think you will have a significant degree of asymmetry once they have completely healed - so give it time.  Good luck

Christopher J. Inglefield, MBBS, FRCS
London Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

+1

It is normal to have two breasts that are not exactly the same, and after implanttation one may look different from the other.  However, it is still pretty early and you have to give it time for things to settle.

Healing Isn't Symmetric

+1

The progress of healing is rarely symmetric so it's common to see differences in swelling, softness, and even position early post-op, certainly during the first 4-6 weeks after a breast augmentation.

Do stay in touch with your surgeon and allow him/her to evaluate to be sure your situation is in fact normal and doesn't require any special treatment.

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon