Would A Breast Hematoma Post BR Permanently Affect The Final Result And Shape?

Six weeks ago had a breast reduction with a lift as soon as I work up in recovery I new there was something wrong with the right one when my bandages came off my right was a completely different size and shape I developed a hematoma since then I have had it drained three times it's gotten smaller but the shape hasn't changed is the normal? Could the hematoma have effected the shaping of the breast permanently? If so is this something that will have to be surgically fixed?

Effect of hematoma on breast reduction outcome

+1
A hematoma can delay the healing of the affected breast. It can take a considerable amount of time for the residual hematoma to be reabsorbed by the body Ultimately, the breast should go on to heal without affecting the longterm outcome. At this time, I would not conclude that you will require revisional surgery based on the postop complication.

Breast shape will recover after reduction and bleeding

+1

A hematoma after breast reduction can be quite uncomfortable and does require immediate drainage. Though the breast will stay swollen and firm longer than the side without the bleeding, the breast will recover, soften, and become like the other side.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/breast-reduction

Breast reduction and post-op hematoma

+1

Sorry to hear that you suffered from a complication following your surgery, but I can reassure you and say that it is still too early in the healing process to determine the shape of your breasts.  Following breast reduction, I have found that it can take 3 months for the breasts to settle under normal circumstances.  The time frame can be much longer if you have had a complication such as a hematoma that required drainage -- the inflammatory response following an event like this can last for several weeks to months.  The body's healing process can take unto one year.  I would encourage to be patient (I know that this is hard) and to communicate openly with your plastic surgeon.  

Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Breasts Reduction and Hematoma?

+1

Your plastic surgeon will be able to give you a much more precise assessment as to any long-term effects after the hematoma. Generally, however the presence of the hematoma will not necessarily change your long-term outcome. It is likely that the tissues have stretched and/or been involved with additional swelling in that area;  it may take a few months for the symmetry to improve.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastreduction.htm