How to Achieve Cleavage After Breast Feeding and Implants?

Well I've had Breast implants for two years now but I recently had a baby, I had only breast fed for one month, so my breasts don't need a lift. I'm just a little concerned that now they actually don't look that full anymore they are not sagging not as full as they used to be, and what really bothers me is the separation I have now which makes me look like I don't have a cleavage, I'm want an opinion on what are my options to have a cleavage?

Options to restore cleavage

+2

It sounds like a couple of things happened. One is the natural stretching and implant settling with time and pregnancy. Possibly more important is the action of the muscle over time. Since the pectoral muscles which cover the top portion of the implants attache along the breast bone, every time it contracts with activity it is pushing the implants apart. So the solution typically involves carefully and partially releasing this attachment, and suturing the inside of the scar capsule along the sides to push the implants together. The diameter of the implant is important as well and may need to be reconsidered.

Cleavage may be difficult to obtain

+2

The key here is to determine what has changed about your breasts since you have breast-fed. Improvement may involve replacement with larger implants, a breast lift or both.

It is important to remember that the implant needs to be the same diameter of your breast. If too large an implant is placed in an effort to create cleavage, the implants may end up too close to one another, creating a very unnatural appearance.

Good Luck!

Jeffrey Horowitz, MD
Bel Air Plastic Surgeon

May be possible to move implants more towards the center of your chest

+2

Either due to initial placement or changes to capsule or the overlying skin, you may have implants that are placed too lateral on your chest. It may be possible to release and allow more fullness at cleavage.

Reza Nabavian, MD
Santa Monica Plastic Surgeon

You need an examination

+1

Several things could be going on. To sort it out you will need to be examined.

Probably, you have stretched your breasts with pregnancy and the volume loss afterward has produced some slack in the tissues -- stretching things so the implants have new room to hang a bit to the sides. This could explain a little loss of cleavage.

To fix this you might benefit from a mini breast lift to remove some of this extra skin. You might want to wait until after you have finished having your children, so it doesn't change again in future pregnancies.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Breasts after pregnancy

+1

The breasts most likely stretched a bit while pregnant and the tissues stretched out. This may give the impression that the cleavage is more separated.