Chemical Peels Safe While Breast Feeding?

I have been breast feeding for 5 months now and I'm just wondering if having Chemical peels will be safe for my child. Will the chemicals used in peels pass through breast feeding?

Chemical peel safety while breast feeding

+1

It is not known to what extent chemical peel agents are found in breast milk in women who undergo peeling procedures while breastfeeding.  The safe and responsible thing to do though is to avoid chemical peels while breast feeding.  The risk, even if small, is simply not worth it.

Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist

Absolutely not!

+1

Dear Yhang

There is absolutely no data on the actual safety of chemical peeling while breast feeding and there will never be a valid study of this question. Many things find their way into breast milk. Many of the peeling agents are noxious chemicals. They need to be flushed through the body when peels are performed on adults. Why subject your baby to even a theoretical risk? When you have weaned your baby and are not in the process of trying to conceive, there will be plenty of time to have these services without putting your baby at risk.