Can I Breast Feed with a Ruptured Saline Implant?

I have had a ruptured saline breast implant for 14 months now. I could not get it removed because I was breast feeding at the time. I waited 3 months for my milk to dry and right before surgery I found out I was pregnant and could not proceed with the surgery. Now baby is due any day, can I breast feed even with the ruptured implant?

Breast Feeding with Ruptured Implant

+1
There is no problem breast feeding with a ruptured saline implant to you or your baby. The saline is absorbed as it is just salt water. Speak with your Plastic Surgeon re: best timing for removal when you are all finished with breast feeding

Breast feeding after ruptured saline implant

+1

Hi!

You should not have any worries when it comes to breast feeding with

the ruptured implant especially if it was placed under the muscle.. The saline solution has been safely absorbed into your body and will not be harmful to you or the baby. I would recommend you exchange them as soon as you can as the pocket is shrinking around the collapsed implant.

Dr. Sam Speron

Sam Speron, MD

Can I Breast Feed w/ a Ruptured Saline Implant?Answr:

+1

You should not have any problem because of the rupture. That should have no effect at all on your ability to breast feed!

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Implant rupture and breast feeding

+1

More than likely breast feeding with a rupture saline implant should not be a problem but the implant should  be removed when able.  Speak to your surgeon.

You can breast feed with a saline implant, ruptured or not

+1

When the saline implant leaks the water is absorbed harmlessly into your system leaving the silicone rubber shell. The shell can be left in place and you can indeed breast feed without any harm or risk.