Breast Fat Transfer

I had my first fat transfer to the breasts 2 weeks ago. Is it normal for the breasts to feel tight and lumpy at this point. Do the breasts eventually feel softer and move more natural? I am also wearing the brava bra postoperatively for increased circulation to the new fat.

Fat transfer to the breasts.

Based on the fact you are using the Brava system, I'm assuming you underwent a large volume of fat transfer for breast augmentation. In small volume scenarios, lumpiness is rare because the fat is distributed in very small channels and eveness is the goal. In larger volumes, lumpiness is almost unavoidable. Although the Brava bra can stimulate (according to it's proponents) increased blood flow, this flow increase would be limited to areas of existing blood vessels. Lumpiness is usually due to an uneven distribution of the fat within an area of the breast. This can be concerning due to fat necrosis, oil cysts, or persitent firmness in the breast over time. Careful follow up is necessary to identify these issues and caution is advised when seeking out these types of surgeries. Multiple grafting procedures over a long period of time are typically necessary to limit complications by not trying to transfer as much fat as possible in 1 surgery. Although "settling down" of lumpy areas occurs, this is probably more likely due to the fat in that area lysing and being absorbed than it revascularizing and flattening out.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon