Breast Extremely Different in Size?

Hi, im 19& im a single mom of a oneyear old. Before i got pregnant my breast were diffrent in size but it was hardly noticeable.My right breast was huge a size D to be exact and my left was a size Hes one now and im trying to wing him off but im debating bcuz my right breast.is going to grow.massively. my family makes fun of me i dnt know.what to do.i get.depressed bcux its.embarrasing plz.help me:( and i have cyst.in my breast.both of them.pain comes and goes. t be able to go out in public .

Extreme breast asymmetry often requires a breast lift or reduction on one side

+1

Thank you for your question. I am sorry that you're family is not more understanding, no one should be stressing you about something that you cannot help.

Usually when there is a large asymmetry between 2 different sized breasts, and the breasts are large, a reduction mammoplasty may be done on the larger breast to give you symmetry. If however you would like smaller breast than a reduction could be done on both sides.

Breast asymmetry exaggerated while breast-feeding!

+1

I'm sorry this additional burden is a laughing matter to your family members, who should be supporting you, not teasing!

After weaning your son, wait at least 3 menstrual cycles to let your hormones and breasts return to their new normals. Then see one or several ABPS-certified plastic surgeons for advice on the best way to improve your breast symmetry. Several options may exist, and you can usually have advice and surgical cost quotes given in complimentary (no-charge) consultations.

This is actually a common problem that I see frequently, and until you have the time and resources to proceed with a surgical solution, there are soft, natural prostheses that can be worn in a brassiere to help resore your self-esteem. Your son needs you to be a confident, looking-forward mom capable of taking charge of two lives. Depression is not a good option; if this requires treatment, see your gynecologist or regular physician for help here too. Click on the web reference link below for an example that might have relevance to you. Hang in there; best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry can be well corrected.

+1

Hi.

1)  Your problem is very tough to live with, and my heart goes out to you.  Here's what you should do.  Stop breast feeding, and wait three or four months to let your breasts and hormones settle down.  Then see a board certified plastic surgeon.

2)  What you probably need is a reduction of your right breast to make it look like your left.  Maybe you need surgery on both sides.  But your problem can be fixed!

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast Size Difference and Breast Augmentation

+1

In general there are two options.  You can either place an implant to bring the smaller breast up to the larger breast in size or reduce the larger breast to bring it down to the smaller.  In addition, you have to consider the skin envelope and the amount of droop that exists as lifts may be needed on both breasts.  Hard to say without photos or an exam or discussion or goals and risk/benefit analysis.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breast Extremely Different in Size?

+1

This is not a rare finding--different size breasts, and plastic surgeons deal with this regularly. 

Without photos only the most general suggestions are possible. Before anything can be done you will have to wait for several months after you stop nursing. 

The smaller breast can be enlarged with implants, and the larger breast reduced and or lifted. The issue of cysts and pain need to be evaluated first, and this best by your primary physician.

All the best.