What Can I Expect My Breast To Look Like After Removing My Implants?

Hi, I am 25 years old and have had my implants for 4 years.I have been considering explantation for the last 2 years. I was a small B to start with and after getting 390cc, I am a full C. I am 5'3" and weight 120 pounds. Orignally I thought they were just a little large for my frame, but now, I'm thinking I just don't like them in general. If I decide to take out my implants, what are the changes my breasts will look the way they did before the implants??

They can look better than with the implants

+1

There is a new procedure called SIEF - Simultaneous Implant Exchange with Fat, where your implants can be removed and  simultaneously, during the same procedure your breasts can be augmented with natural fat.  In some cases, the breasts can be as large or larger than originally with the implants!  I have attached a video for you to see this procedure.  I started this procedure several years ago and we have had universally good results..  Best of luck-

Dr Del vecchio

bostonbreastcenter.com

Breast implant removal

+1

What your breasts will look like after explantation  depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation). 

Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them  to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.

Consulting with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon in person may be helpful.

Breast Appearance Following Implant Removal...

+1

Without photos, it's difficult to hazard a guess as to how you might look following implant removal.

I would consider the following points:

• At your age, your skin elasticity may be sufficient to maintain good breast shape following explantation.
  • The passage of 4 years since your implants were placed means it's highly unlikely your breasts will look the same as they did before. Even if you didn't have prior implants, your breasts would likely undergo some changes over a 4-year time frame.
  • Following removal of implants, restoration of some of that volume loss by fat transfer may be a consideration if your breasts don't look as good as you had hoped.
  • An experienced (board certified) plastic surgeon should be able to give you a better idea of what to expect, once he/she has had a chance to examine you.

Good luck!

Charles Gruenwald, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant explantation

+1

Breast implant explantation results are difficult to predict.One need to take in consideration the passage of time, the stretching of the skin, loss of elasticity of the skin.

Also one needs to determine if you will need a breast lift after the explant.

Consult a BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON (AMERICAN BOARD OF PLASTIC SURGERY), and after examination will be able to answer all your questions based on the examination.