I Am Having a Breast Explant Months After Original BA, Will the Scar Heal As well As After BA?

I had 275cc dual plane 5 weeks ago, and haven't liked them since day one. I am having them removed (explant) 3 months after orginal BA date. Does re-opening a scar for removal make it look worse? Will it heal aswell as after orginal BA. Although I hate my implants I was surprised at how well my scars look only after 5 weeks, I hope they dont look terrible after the removal. Any help/advice welcome, very regretful of what I have done to my body.

I Am Having a Breast Explant Months After Original BA, Will the Scar Heal As well

+2

There is no reason to expect that the incision will not heal as nicely as it did the first time. Hopefully this will put this chapter behind you.

All the best. 

Braest Implants removal and scarring

+2

If your scars healed properly the first time around, they shouldn’t heal any differently the second time around. There is no reason to predict a worse result. Your surgeon may cut away the previous scar and make a new one with fresh tissue. I wouldn’t be concerned if I were you.

Alberto Di Giuseppe, MBBS
London Plastic Surgeon

Implant removal and scar

+2

Going through the old incision shoudl be pretty easy at 5 weeks, and should heal faster than last time. It probably will heal as well.

Scarring after Removal of Breast Implants?

+2

I am sorry to hear about your regrets after breast augmentation surgery. Generally speaking, there is no reason why you should scar any differently after removal of the breast implants.  You will also be happy to hear that recovery after this procedure is generally much less involved/uncomfortable than the initial operation was.