Breast Explant Cost in Houston Area

I just went for a consultation to have my breast implants removed because of a rupture (Saline). I was floored by the cost of the estimate. I want only the implants removed with no other procedure. Because of the rupture, I have to have this done, but have no ins and can't possible afford the estimated cost I recieved today. Any recommendations on finding affordable plastic surgery in the Houston, Dallas or Ft. Worth area? HELP BTW.. I loved the Dr. I consulted with, just can't afford him.

Removing a ruptured saline implant

+1

Removal of a ruptured saline implant is a relatively simple procedure and can be done under local anesthesia.  There is no need to removed the capsule.  I would seek a second opinion.  

Breast Explant Cost in Houston Area

+1

The ASPS website is a good starting point for qualified board certified plastic surgeons. You should not sacrifice quality for price, but surgical fees will vary widely depending on location. Moreover, the manufacturer of the implant may provide financial support if the implants are still under warranty. Consult with 3 - 4 surgeons to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Cost of removing breast implants

+1

Answer:  The cost of any procedure involves surgeons fees, anesthesia fees, facility fees and the cost of any implants.  Breast implant removal is a simple procedure that can be done very easily and safely in less than 30 minutes under local anesthesia in an office operating room.  In this case you may incur little to no fees other than the surgeons fees for such a procedure.  My tip for you would be to look for a board certified plastic surgeon with a certified in-office OR who is willing to do this procedure under local anesthesia. 

Your implant manufacturer may pay a portion (or all) of the surgeons fees depending on how recently your implants were placed and the actual surgeons fees involved. 

-York J. Yates MD, Utah.

York Jay Yates, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Cost of explantation

+1

The cost of removing implants varies around the country. If your implant ruptured, some of your costs might be deferred by the manufacturer of your implants. Good luck.

Cost of Implant Removal

+1

I am not in your area but I would suggest that you talk to your plastic surgeon and/or his staff to let them know your situation. They may be able to assist you. I  am sure they want to keep you as a patient.