How Soon Can I Have a Second Breast Enlargement?

Second breast enlargement

+1

Hello. Technically you can have a second breast enlargement as soon as you know you are unhappy with your current size. That being said I would advise you to give your implants time to settle and see your final result before doing so. Many times Patients aren’t happy with there size at first but get use to the implants and love them later on.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Web reference: http://www.jaimeperezmd.com/photogallery/breast-augmentation-7001

How long before second breast implant procedure?

+1

Technically, you could have another breast augmentation the day after you did the first one.  In reality, however, it is probably good to wait three to six months before doing so.  I generally don't look at the final results of a breast augmentation procedure before then because the tissue is still changing, swelling is going away, and the implants are settling.  It also gives you a chance to mentally/emotionally adjust to the new size.  I find that a lot of patients initially think that they are too big.  After about two or three months they are happy with their size.  Six months after surgery, they may want to go bigger.  With that in mind, I would advise you to be patient before making the decision to return to surgery.

Timing of second breast augmentation

+1

Generally, it is best to wait at least three months before any revisional breast surgery.  Ideally, if you can wait more than 6 months, the tissues will be even more settled from the original surgery.  Some of this depends on what the reason for the second surgery is for.

Second breast enlargement

+1

In general if things have healed well, a revision breast augmentation can probably be performed at 4-6 months after your initial surgery.

How soon for re-do BA

+1

I think 3 months is a minimum so as to allow the implants to settle and the tissue to heal and soften.  It is difficult to work with tissue that has recently been operated upon.  If you can wait 6+ months that would generally be even better.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

When can a second enlargement be done?

+1

I also would recommend waiting at least six months. That way your breasts have finished healing. Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgerybaltimore.com/html/breast-augmentation-procedure.html

Revision surgery how soon

+1

I would have you wait a minimum of three to six months but best is to wait a whole year.

Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.talroudnerplasticsurgery.com/breast/breast-implants-miami-fl/

Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Secondary Breast Surgery

+1

I usually like to have my patients wait approximately 6 months before having a secondary breast augmentation.  This allows ample time for all post-surgical swelling to decrease and gives me a safe time frame for re-operation.

Maitland Plastic Surgeon

Timing of Second Breast Implant Surgery

+1

One should wait a minimum of three months with six months even better. It takes time to adapt to a new breast size and how you feel in the first month after surgery may be completely different several months later.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/breast-aug.html

Breast implants

+1

I think you need to wait a minimum of 3 months, but I try to get my patients to wait 6-12 months.

Columbia Plastic Surgeon