Breast Enlargement?

Hi, about 4 months ago I downsize from a 750cc modplus breast to a 590cc ultra high profile implant (cohesive gels). I had a Capsulorrahapy done also. My breast are a lot smaller than I wanted .My question is If I increase the size of my breast will it mess up the internal bra that I recently had?

Implant exchange

If you want to go bigger, then the pocket has to be revised. It all depends upon what you had done before to determine what may need to be done to the capsule to accommodate the new implants.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

High profile breast implants

The internal bra (capsulorrhaphy) was performed to stabilize the new implant, which is narrower than the old implant.  The repair should be stable (it usually takes 3 months), so if you desire even larger implants, you can do so.

Dennis Dass, MD

8929 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211

Implant exchange

The internal bra was sutured to accommodate the smaller implant. Most likely your pocket was narrowed to match the dimensions of the new implant. Depending on what implant is chosen, and how much the pocket has stretched, the pocket may need to be opened up a bit to fit the larger implant. That should not be a problem.

Take care in choosing the implant size and profile. Your current implant should have more projection than the original one, but the base should be narrower. Figuring out precisely what has changed will be important in making your decision.

Thanks, best wishes.

1110 112th Avenue NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

Upsizing Implants after Capsulorrhaphy

The capsulorrhaphy after 4 months should have developed a stable scar.  However, larger implants into a pocket that has been made to accomodate smaller implants may compromise the repair.  The smaller the volume increase, the smaller the risk.

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Breast Enlargement after internal Bra with implant replacement

Thanks for the question. Better answers can be given if the photos can be seen specially before and after and of the expected results. After clinical examination if I decide to do what you are looking for I would wait for 6 months from the last operation to be sure that internal bra is strongly healed and I don't disturb it during implant replacement. Wish you good luck.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Villa 898
Umm Suqeim 1, Dubai 04

Going Bigger with Breast Implants after Internal Bra Surgery?

Thank you for the question. Increasing your breast implant size will not necessarily “mess up” the internal bra surgery that has been performed for you. Much will depend on your current breast examination and your goals. Given that you have had at least 2 breast operations, make sure that you communicate your size goals very carefully to avoid repeated surgery. In my practice, I prefer the use of goal pictures to help with this communication process.

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942

Breast augmentation

Not necessarily. it depends how big you go. if the internal bra has had enough time to heal you may be able to get by with a simple exchange. I would also ask for textured implants which hold their position better and are less likely to displace or sag

Joseph A. Russo, MD
Newton Plastic Surgeon

575 Boylston Street
Newton Center, MA 02459

Effects of changing breast implant sizes

Changing the size of your implants at this point will probably be okay, but the internal bra may have to be adjusted slightly.  Since it's only been 4 months, the skin has most likely not had time to shrink down to the current breast implants that you currently have.  The larger breast implants will fill out your breasts more and provide you with a nice shape.  Having placed many breast implants, I feel that recommending a slightly larger size than what the patient desires produces the best results.  This comes into play when the swelling has gone down after a breast augmentation and patients say that they like the size with the swelling!  Therefore, it's important to fully discuss with your plastic surgeon how you want to look after the procedure.  I do this with before and after pictures as well as placing different implant sizes in the bra to get an idea of how the breasts will look after surgery.  Good luck!  Dr. Schreiber, Baltimore plastic surgeon

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

10807 Falls Rd
Lutherville-Timonium, MD 21093