If I Get Breast Enlargement Surgeory then Can I Carry on Kickboxing After It?

I currently compete frequently in kickboxing competitions and obviously with it being a contact sport I want to make sire I can continue competing after the surgery if I go ahead with it. I can handle being out for a few weeks/months as long as I can eventually completely compete again without worrying. I of course wear breast protection while sparring, and want to make sure this would be enough to protect them if they are enlarged.

Blunt Force Trauma to Implants

+3

Sharp items can rupture breast implants.  However, blunt force trauma to implants will likely not have an effect. 

Kickboxing after breast augmentation.

+2

You should be able to do kickboxing after augmentation. Rupture is uncommon but not impossible.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

I permit full activity including kickboxing four weeks after breast augmentation.

+1

If a patient is doing well four weeks after breast augmentation I permit full activity. Even a strong blow from kickboxing would not violate the integrity of the breast implant.

Kickboxing

+1

It takes a significant amount of force to break one of these breast implants, probably far more than any kick can generate

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

I think it is fine

+1

there is of course, an increased risk of implant rupture with kick boxing. however i used to do Thai boxing and BJJ and i have done several BA on women who are doing martial arts with no problems so far.

good luck

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

If I Get Breast Enlargement Surgery then Can I Carry on Kickboxing After It

+1

It is quite rare to see an implant rupture as a result of blunt trauma. The implants are quite durable. 

It is safe to say that no one has done a study of the long term effects of chronic repetitive blunt trauma to breast implants, though. I would speculate that your risk of implant rupture would have to be higher when compared to women who don't kickbox. But that is just a guess. 

Thanks you for your question, all the best.

Kickboxing after breast implants

+1

Thank you for your question. You should be able to resume all activities after breast augmentation, including kickboxing. Breast implants are quite strong, and rarely rupture with blunt trauma. After an appropriate recovery time, you should be able to resume your kickboxing without any difficulties.

Best of luck with your breast augmentation.

Jeff Rockmore

Jeffrey Rockmore, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Implants Are Very Robust

+1
Thank you for your question.  Breast implants are very robust and are likely to sustain blunt force trauma as experienced in kickboxing, especially if you are wearing protection.  The procedure will significantly delay training and returning to fighting.  Plan on several months rather than a month to be absolutely safe.  Best wishes.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Kickboxing after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Yes, you will find that you will be able to return to all forms of strenuous activity, including kickboxing, after breast augmentation surgery. You should discuss your specific activities of interest with your plastic surgeon as you communicate your goals prior to surgery.

Kickboxing after implants

+1

Hi, you can definitely do kickboxing after a breast augmentation.   They are very durable.   

Michael A. Fiorillo, MD