Breast Enlargement Not What I Had Hoped For. Whats the Best Solution? (photo)

I had breast enlargement 18 months ago, My breast were small and the bottom part had not developed properly. My surgeon suggested a opening the breast and scoring the tissue to surround the implant. By using a teardrop implant he could make me a fuller breast. I has always wanted large, fake looking breast which he advised me against. I am still not happy. He has suggested an internal lift like a facelift using threads to bring the breast to a better position. Would a new surgery be better?

Tuberous Breast

+2

You appear to have a tuberous breast deformity.  The procedure that you described is the correct procedure to improve this problem.  However, it often requires more than one surgery.  If you want a more augmented, and thus less natural, result then I would recommend a smooth round implant rather than an anatomic, tear drop implant.

Best wishes!

Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Revision

+2

it appears that you have tuberous breasts, and it is not at all uncommon to need more than one procedure in that setting.

The photos are a bit dark to make too detailed a recommendation, but it does look like you could get larger implants if that is your desire, but the most improvement will come from a breast lift to reposition the nipples/areolas to a higher position. If you want really large implants it may be better to do those separately, but discuss with your surgeon. 

All the best. 

Correction of BA

+2

Yes, revisional breast surgery could be of benefit. It is often a good idea to get several options when considering corrective surgery. Write down your future expectations and consider a consult with one of the many members of the ASAPS in your area. They are experts in corrective or revisional breast surgery. Best,

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Gary R. Culbertson, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Expectations

+2

You have in your mind what you expect to look like after your surgery and, hopefully, through your discussions with your doctor, you can convey your expectations to him so that he/she can suggest a mutually agreeable course of action.  Sometimes it doesn 't work out and you need a second procedure to correct or improve upon the first.  Your pictures are very dark and it is difficult to make specific recommendations without examining you in person, however, I might suggest a revision to your implant pockets as well as a possible donut lift to elevate your nipple/areola and make them slightly smaller.  I don't know anything about thread lifts for breasts so I will refrain from commenting on that idea.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Breast Implant Revision

+2

The pictures are difficult to evaluate, but the implants can likely be enlarged and the pockets dissected differently.  The nipple areola complexes can also be lifted.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and breast augmentation revisions each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breast Enlargement Not What I Had Hoped For. Whats the Best Solution?

+1

Please re post better exposed photos so we can really see the issues you state. Otherwise impossible to advise you.