What Breast Implants Would Be Best for Me?

size 10, 9stone 5ft 5, 32c not full wont to be a Dcup- to look natral as possibe. Not sure if under/over muscle or part both-really confussed. please help 32year old had 2 children xx

Implant Selection Process

+1

Generally, we prefer under the muscle to produce a more natural look and minimize implant related complications.  The larger the implant, the higher the risk of complications.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Breast augmentation - implant size

+1

Which implant that would be best is based on certain different factors during the examination.  The chest diameter as well as the breast diameter will help you and your surgeon to determine what size of the implant.  Then, what type of profile, whether it is moderate versus high profile depends on what kind of projection you would like to achieve and so therefore this is something that you would have to consult and discuss with your plastic surgeon.  As well, implants also come with saline versus silicone gel, so there are different variables and factors that will have influence on your decision making and all of these factors and choices and options should all be discussed during your consultation

Kim-Chi Vu, MD

Implant size selection

+1

Iconsider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.
Hope this helps.

Dr Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Best Breast Implants for Me?

+1

You are asking a very commonly asked question to this forum and unfortunately there is no way to provide a precise answer online.
In order to give you accurate advice, much more information is needed.  Most importantly, physical examination will determine your current situation. A full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals will also be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "full C, small D" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. 
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison. 
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.