Will my Breast Change Shape Because of Compression from Bra?

It also seems that the special surgical bra does not hold the implant up good enough?? Certainly do not want them to sag!!! Thanks for your help!

Surgical Bra

+1

A surgical bra is unlikely to change the shape of the breast. However, you should raise your concern to your surgeon so he/she can guide you appropriately.

Compression bra and implants

+1

I do not prescribe a specific bra to mold the breasts. In fact I send patients in home in what I call the "granny bras". The loose ones that are not too tight around the chest wall.

Surgical Bras and Breast Shape after Breast Augmentation

+1

The sheer mythology, urban legends and voodoo surrounding breast augmentation and bras is daunting and overwhelming.

- The VOLUME of the breast is shaped by the implants

- the SHAPE of the breast will be determined by the implants, your skin elasticity, time and gravity. (IF the implants are placed in the right place during surgery they will descend back there once the swelling and inflammation have subsided. Keeping implants tight and high after an augmentation may result in unnaturally high implants). I prefer my breast augmentation patients not to use bras, bandeaus or binders for 1-2 weeks to allow descent but they resume wearing a bra when the optimal breast shape has been achieved.

Bras do not really change breast implants.

+1

Hi.

When doing breast augmentation in New York City, we put patients in surgical bras because they feel more comfortable.  But the only thing that gives you the right shape is making the implant pockets correctly during surgery. So I don't think you can do any harm.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Bras following breast augmentation

+1

A surgical bra is unlikely to significantly change the shape of your breasts. Your implants will generally keep themselves up and the goal is to let them drop.

Postoperative Care After Breast Augmentation

+1

Immediately after breast augmentation or atleast for the first 2 months I ask my patients to way a surgical bra.  This type of bra is not very supportive and you dont want it to be.  The implant has to settle and you dont want a bra to impede its progress.

I usually have my patients start wearing an underwire bra at about 2 months time to support the weight of the breast and implants.

Farbod Esmailian, MD