Breast Cancer Survivor Going Through Reconstuction? (photo)

I'm 5'9, 240 lbs. I currently have 750 cc tissue expanders. My PS is going to do a 740 cc Teardrop implant with fat from my stomach. My concern is that when I lose weight, I will lose weight in my breast and they will be too small. Will my implants stay there size or will they shrink? I don't want anymore surgeries, but I want to be happy with the size and be able to go without a bra. Thanks

Breast Cancer Reconstruction and Weight Loss

+1

Thank you for a wonderful question.  Generally speaking, weight loss will not change the size of your breast implants, but will decrease the size of any fat grafting or tissue flaps.   I wish you a safe recovery.

Dr. Gill

Weight changes after breast reconstruction...

+1

Your reconstructed breasts will not shrink with weight loss.  Fat grafting will fluctuate with weight changes and may diminish with weight loss.  Your expanded mounds look good.  Hope it all goes well for you.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast cancer reconstruction and free fat transfer

+1

I am not sure if your are asking a question about using free fat transfer from your abdomen to your breast in addition to permanent breast implant.  Fat remembers where it came from so it is possible that it could shrink which weight loss but more than likely it would not be enough to make much of a difference.