500CC, Under Muscle, Saline Implants: Is my Right Breast Bottoming Out?

I had my BA surgery done on 3/16/2011. I have saline and placed behind the muscle. Rt 500 cc Lt 475 cc, Right after the surgery I experienced a lot of pain in my abdominal area. After one month of the surgery, I have still disconfort on my right breast (bottom part).

I would like to know if my breasts are bottoming out? and also if they look too low.. I can feel the bottom of the implants in both side.

Not bottoming out on photos

+3

There is no evidence of bottoming out on your photos.  It is normal for the lower edge of the implant to be more palpable as the tissue is thinner there.

Montreal Plastic Surgeon

No sign of bottoming out.

+2

From you photos, I do not believe you are "bottoming out." Rather, the fold is indistinct and you are quite tight in the lower pole. This should relax over time in response to the weight of the implants. Continued massage and time will improve your overall result.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Bottoming out

+2

Know it is natural to feel saline implants and you are big and this happens.Your discomfort should go away with time.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Bottoming out post augmentation

+2

I do not feel that you are bottoming out but, I feel you have lost the fold definition.

If you place your hand an inch below the fold paralleling the  fold and push that skin in an upward direction

it  should help you to appreciate more fold definition.  If  my suggestion is more pleasing than I would discuss with your doctor the possibility of resetting the fold.

Roger J. Friedman, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Is it bottoming out

+2

looks like a nice result to me. yes you will see some implant when you raise your arms that is normal.  the breast will move up but the implant will stay put under the muscle.

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

+2

From your so kindly posted photos I must compliment your surgeon. Who was he? There is no bottoming out at this time. 

Bottoming out- can it be detected early?

+2

"Bottoming out" describes a breast in which the implant drops below the inframammary fold, or in a reduction, when the skin and breast tissue drop significantly below the fold.

Your photos show very nice early results. The implants are above the fold and not too low. Continue gentle circular massage. Swelling will continue to reduce in the next month or too, and the implants will settle more into their pockets.

Karen Vaniver, MD

Breast implants bottoming out?

+1

I don't see any evidence for bottoming out with either breast implant.  There is a tendency for you to feel some soreness to the bottom of each breast along the inframammary fold because the implants are rather large and th distance below the lower breast fold  needed to be stretched to initially place these implants  below the muscle .  Follow up with your local Plastic Surgeon if you have any questions about this.

Good luck.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Francis (Frank) William Rieger, MD

Breast Implants bottoming out

+1

At the present time, I do not think they are bottoming out. It is normal to feel the implant at the inferior most border without it being bottomed out. I would go see your surgeon for your routine follow ups in order to allay any fears or concerns you might have though.

Julio Garcia, MD