Is a Breast Aumentation with a Subcutaneous Mastectomy (Preventative) a Reasonable Consideration?

As far as a cancer probability reduction? I have an aunt that past away from breast cancer.

Subcutaneous mastectomy

+1

Subcutaneous mastectomy is a procedure that has been around a long time and has always been controversial.  There are no clear answers as far as who should  have it done. The other problem is that there is Avery high incidence of complications, so there are few plastic surgeons who will do this for pure preventative purposes.  The fact that you have an aunt with breast cancer does not place you at as high a risk as if you had a mother or sister with breast cancer.  The best advice I can give you is to have regular breast exams and mammograms.  Early detection and treatment is the best defense we have against breast cancer.  

Subcutaneous mastectomy with reconstruction

+1
Before planning this surgery, it is important to know if you are at risk for breast cancer. One aunt with the disease is not, per se, a determinant. If you have a more detailed family history, it may be advisable for you to see a genetic counselor and to be tested for the BRCA 1 and 2 factors.

Robert L. Kraft, MD