I Had Breast Aug, Will my Breast Become the Same Size? (photo)

Before my B.A. my breast were a inch and half difference in size so my PS but 375cc in one and 425cc in the other. i love how they look but there is still about a inch n half difference. will they become the same size after they "drop and fluff" as people say? i dont understand why they are not the same size? thank you for your time doctors! I am two weeks post. i had unders with lift

Breast augmentation and periareolar lift. Not the same size?

+3

Given your degree of asymmetry pre-operatively and your present appearance, your surgeon has achieved a remarkable degree of symmetry thus far. Of course, as others have stated, it is early in the overall healing process, and there will be inevitable differences in swelling, healing, scarring, stretching, and virtually every variable possible. This is natural and normal, as is asymmetry. BTW, do you use your right and left hands exactly the same? Of course not, and also you must consider that you have a heart on one side of your chest and not on the other, with attendant chest wall differences, in addition to your own pectus excavatum discussed earlier when you were asking about cleavage and symmastia concerns.

Relax, I think you are doing well and have a really good result! Kudos to your surgeon! Best to you!

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Symmetry after breast augmentation

+3

No two breasts are a like.  Prior to surgery it imperative to set realistic expectations from the patients. That said a skillful and experienced surgeon is able to acheive good results With improving the appearance and size of different breast. You are very early in your post operative course and will need 6 to 12 months to acheive the closest to the final appearance of the breasts.

Good luck

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Will my Breasts become the same Size?

+2

You are very early in your post-op course, allow time to pass before you pass judgement. It can often take 6 months to a year for things to stabilize after a surgery like yours. And remember, your breasts are sisters not twins, they will never be exactly alike.

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

+2

All breasts are different and even puttting in two different size implants may not get them to look exactly the same.

I Had Breast Aug, Will my Breast Become the Same Size?

+2

Your posted photos show a very nice evenness result that you should be happy with. To gain perfect symmetry is not realistic. your early result looks great. 

Size discrepancy

+2

Perfect symmetry is very difficult to ever achieve with breast augmentation.  It is unlikely that yours will ever be perfectly symmetrical, hard to predict.  However, I would recommend you continue feeling happy with what you have already achieved since the result is so good. 

David Marcus, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry before and after augmentation

+2
Breasts are not symmetrical, per se, in virtually all patients. If you started with a difference, it is not only in volume but, in all likelihood, in nipple heights and chest width as well. It will take time for the implants to drop before you can assess the result. I agree with Dr. Pousti that managing expectations is extremely important.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Different breast size after surgery

+2

How long ago has it been since you've had your surgery?  The unevenness in size may be a result of added work and swelling on the larger side if it has been under 3 months.  Oftentimes it is difficult to see a size difference in implants that are only 50 cc apart regardless of how symmetric your breasts are.  But every patient has some degree of asymmetry which could be difficult to correct even with implant size.  I would recommend waiting 6-12 months to see if you are still unhappy with the difference in size, which could correct itself after time.

Tito Vasquez, MD, FACS
Southport Plastic Surgeon

Breast Asymmetry After Breast Augmentation?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

No, I do not expect any breasts  to be “identical” after breast surgery, despite best efforts;  very few  women have identical breasts naturally.  Part of the pre-operative education process is to make sure that patients have realistic expectations understanding that the breasts will be “sisters not twins” after surgery.