1 Week After Implant Revision and Right Breast has Started Rippling, What Should I Do?

I'm 27 years old and just got 350cc saline implant removed and replaced with 450cc silicone put in a week ago. A day after my surgery, my right breast started rippling. I never had this issue in my right breast with the saline. Both times were put under the muscle. I am a little sad b/c I feel like I paid all this money to get a rippling boob. What do u think is going on and what would u suggest?

Breast Implant Rippling?

+2

Unfortunately, it is not possible to get a precise advice/suggestions without direct examination.

Hopefully, a few general words regarding breast implant rippling may be helpful:

Palpability  and rippling of breast implants may be related to several factors. These include the amount of soft tissue and breast tissue coverage over the breast implants, the position of the breast implants (submuscular versus sub glandular), the type of implants (saline versus silicone), and the degree of overfilling of saline filled implants. Generally, weight loss will extension weight any rippling/palpability  of the implants.  Deflation of saline  implants will also increase the rippling/palpability of the implants.

Correction of the rippling may involve further surgery including implant pocket exchange if possible ( sub glandular to submuscular), implant exchange if possible (saline to silicone), and/or the use of allograft to provide an additional layer of tissue between the implant and the patient's skin. Patient weight gain (if possible) may also be helpful.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastrevision.htm

Implant Rippling

+1

I'm sure you are aware that rippling is not an uncommon event with saline implants.  The larger the implant in a thin skinned individual, the higher the risk of rippling.  This can at times be overcome by over-inflating the implant, but my preference is to switch to silicone implants which has a lower risk of rippling, and placing the implant in a sub-pectoral position.  More complicated and expensive options also exist, and your board-certified plastic surgeon can give you those with a consultation.  Best wishes!

Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon

Rippling of implants

+1

Too bad you developed rippling at a week. This will probalby get worse with time. You may need more soft tissue coverag by putting it in a submuscular pocket if they are not already. Or else you  may need strattice to be added as another layer.

Larger implants may make rippling worse

+1

Because the tissues have to be stretched they will thin more with larger implants. The pectoral muscle only covers the upper and inner portion of the implant, so the rippling typically appears on the outside and bottom parts of the breast. The muscle does not provide support. Silicone implants do tend to ripple less than saline but as you know there are several factors involved.

Rippling of breast one week after augmentation

+1

This is very unfortunate, but it is difficult to give even general advise with the little information you provided (no height, weight or photos). I assume that you are "skinny"  and your tissues are thin and that is why you experience rippling. Going to larger implants to fix rippling is a falacy. Your tissues will continue to stretch and become thinner with further rippling. These concerns should've been discussed with your plastic surgeon (I assume you did see a board certified plastic surgeon), prior to surgery. Your options are either fat grafting around the implant in the rippled areas or another surgery with placement of tissue matrix to thicken the tissues and mask the rippling. The second option is significantly more expensive due to the cost of the tissue matrix. Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.bellevueplasticsurgeons.com

Bellevue Plastic Surgeon