Bad Results After Several Breast Augmentations and Two Lifts: What Can I Do?

I have had several breast surgeries. Some good some bad. With childbirth in between, came the necessity to re-do the original breast aug with a lift. I met with a wonderful doctor. It was recommended to me this time, to get gummy bear implants...Right now, I have implants placed above the muscle, and they are silicone gel..the problem is I am afraid to have more necrosis or an even worse result.

I had some slight nipple necrosis from the first surgery. Should I do this over less than 1 yr later?

Effects of Pregnancy of Breast Augmentation and Lift

+2

Pregnancy can alter your breast augmentation results from hormonal changes, effects of milk accumulation and nursing, and enlarged breasts that then shrink,. The fact that your already had a mastopexy suggests that your tissues are loose to begin with.

You would probably be a good candidate for repositioning of your implants under the muscle, with the addition of Strattice to support the lower aspect of your breasts, and possible reduction of the skin bra. In experienced hands, this should not result in loss of skin. I hop that you are not a smoker!

I would recommend waiting for 6 months after childbirth, nursing, or significant weight changes.

Multiple breast operations with some areola loss.

+1

Without photos it is impossible to answer your questions.  In general the longer the interval between the different surgeries the better will be the circulation to the tissues of the breasts.  Every operation will have some effect in reducing the circulation to the nipple and areola.  Perhaps a better result can be obtained in the future for you, but there are times when removing the implants and letting the tissues heal up adequately before venturing to try another surgical procedure may be the best approach to follow.  Use the advice of your Plastic Surgeon, and if you have doubts try to get several opinions.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon  Tampa

Francis (Frank) William Rieger, MD

Detailed history and exam are necessary

+1

Good planning and precise execution of the plan are the ingredients to success.  This starts with a very detailed history and examination.  Feel free to post more specific details and photos.  Even better make a list of questions and then sit with your trusted surgeon to discuss fine details.

Chen Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation revision

+1

How many breast procedures is several? The reality is that yes the breasts could end up worse or you could have more nipple necrosis. This is always the case with breast surgery. Is it likely ? Probably not if you go to someone who is experienced in dealing with your situation. But without knowing your situation in detail it really isn't for me or anyone on this forum to say. But really if you have doubts you should be going on more consultations. Finding a wonderful surgeon is great but having wonderful results is the most important thing.

David E. Kim, MD

Breast augmentation is easy to do, but hard to do well!

+1

I'm glad you have met a wonderful doctor. There are many well-trained, experienced, ABPS-certified plastic surgeons out there who would be regarded as equally wonderful by a majority of their patients. What you need is sound advice that adequately addresses your concerns, and does not give "pat" or "glad-hand" answers based on habit or preference, but rather on enough experience with problem patients to individually tailor recommendations to each unique set of circumstances and anatomic needs.

Perhaps that has already occurred. Perhaps not, which may be a reason you seek on-line validation of either your choice, or your discomfort with his recommendation!

I personally feel the "Gummy bear" implant is not the ideal implant for a majority of patients and situations. BUT, yours is a set of circumstances where this may actually be the best and a very well-thought-out option.

The only way to be sure is to visit more than one plastic surgeon who meets the criteria previously stated; get several opinions based on your history, present physical examination, and requests. Then you and your chosen surgeon can make the best choice for you. Please read the link below for much more detail, then read the Breast Augmentation pages I have written. Best wishes!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

+1

We all feel for you and your issues. But over the internet with your history very hard to advise. especially without posting photos. See 3 boarded surgeons in your area. 

You may consider totally different option

+1

I would like to see some picture to give you better recommendations. I have treated a lot patients that have failed implants . Fat grafting alone or in some cases combination of the fat grafting and implants been very helpful. You can check some the patient results at my web site.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon