I had breast aug. 5 weeks ago and have noticed the crease is lower on my left side. Will I need surgery to fix it? (photos)

It doesn't look lower in my post op picture. The doctor told me during my 4 week appointment that he lowered it during surgery. It really makes that side look BIG compared to the right side. The right side is definite at the crease I can't imagine it lowering to meet the right, even with dropping.

I had breast aug. 5 weeks ago and have noticed the crease is lower on my left side. Will I need surgery to fix it?

+1
Was there asymmetry pre-operatively? Go see your surgeon for a follow up visit to discuss your concerns and ask to take a look at your pre-op photos because it may have already been there.  If that was the case, your fold is like a finger print and it's just your body.  If not, you may have to have a revision to correct it.  Either way, this can be best determined at your follow up visit with your surgeon.  ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

+1
Appears as a surgeon caused "bottoming out" but only IN PERSON examination would allow a definitive diagnosis... 

Focus on your upper poles

+1
as they are what show when wearing a tank top without a bra... as one side seems fuller on top.  You should discuss your concerns with your surgeon and see what options you have and whether you should be supporting your lower side or pushing down on the higher side in attempts to improve the upper pole appearances.  If you heal well, the crease can be easily filled with fat grafting if you are accepting of the risks and potential additional costs.

Curtis Wong, MD

Bottoming out

+1
It sounds like you may have had some disruption of your natural breast fold which then causes your implant to descent more.  You may need a revision.

Asymmetry of breasts & breast folds

+1
From your photos, it appears that one breast is significantly lower than the other, and one breast has a well defined infra-mammary fold and the other doesnt.  Without pre-op photos, it is difficult to say if that asymmetry was present before surgery.  If it was not, then it is likely that you will need a revision.  Talk to your surgeon.  It it usually recommended to wait 6 months after surgery before moving forward with a revision.

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon