Breast Augmentation, Wanting Explantation and Lift, Possible Replacement? (photo)

I am scheduled for explantation with lift on the 16th. My concern is that I have 270 cc Saline sub glandular now. Should I have replacement right away or should I wait? I hate the way they sag and feel they are too large. Look good and too full in bra, but not without bra. If I have replacement could it be under the muscle and what size and type. I am 50. thanks

Downsizing implants and whether to go with a lift alone.

+2

Thank you for the photo and the information. Based on the photo, you have a decent amount of breast tissue as it is. Explantation with a lift is a good option to reduce breast weight and improve the look of the breasts out of a bra. Given your size, I do not see alot of reason for a sub-muscular placement of implants. I would recommend an explantation and lift first, and give it a good 6 months or so before making a decision on placing a new set of implants. You may find that you like the size and shape at that point.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Revision Options?

+2

Thank you for the question and picture.

As you know, there are many different options available to you. Based on the limited information I have I would suggest removal of the sub glandular breast implants and mastopexy surgery performed in one stage.  This could be followed by a second stage operation for submuscular breast re-augmentation.

Staging the procedure as described will decrease the potential risks/complications and give your surgeon to opportunities in the upper room to achieve your goals.

+2

One posted photo helps. My guess without seeing you in person is do explant with full lift. Wait 3 to 6 months than add implant. 

Lift and replace implants?

+2

You definitely need a good lift. I would recommend down sizing at the very least. Going under the muscle is probably a good idea but it's hard to make that call from a photo.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Lift and explantation

+2

If you do not have alot of underlying breast tissue, removing the implants and not palcing new ones in may leave you with little to no tissue to lift.

Explantation and breast lift

+2

While you would lose upper pole fullness, you are large enough that you could have the implants removed and just do the lift.  New ones could be put in later if needed.  Your implants are fairly small now and in my experience, downsizing these sizes it is difficult to judge how small to go, so ususlly better just removing them entirely.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Lift without the breast implants

+2

If your feel that you breast is already too full in a bra, my vote would be for the lift, and leave the implants out altogether. Over time your breast has become rather ptotic and mature, and a good vertical lift with the nipple up front and center should give you a more youthful and pretty result.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Removal of implants with breast lift

+2

It is hard to predict how much volume each breast will have after explantation.  If you have enough breast tissue remaining then all that should be needed for a great look is a lift after explantation.  If you are unhappy with the size you can always opt for implants down the road.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Explantation with subglandular implants and ptosis

+2

This is a potentially risky procedure. The fact that you have relatively large implants in the subglandular position with a paucity of normal breast tissue means that the blood supply to the nipple area is compromised. This will be compromised even further with a lift procedure which you will likely require. Your size and shape will undoubtedly be significantly impacted by the removal of the implants. Your surgeons should explain, and be prepared to perform, a multi-staged correction. Options might be explantation with replacement of a smaller implant in the submuscular position followed by a secondary lift, or an explantation alone followed by a second stage submuscular augmentation-mastopexy.

Robin T.W. Yuan, M.D.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Breast Implant Explantation and Lift (Mastopexy)

+2

Without seeing you in person and examining your breasts, your anatomy, etc, it is impossible to give you specific advice.  However, based on your pictures, it looks like you would benefit from a smaller implant, placed under the muscle and have a mastopexy at the same time.  You may also want to separate the procedure into two components such as having the implants exchanged and then having the lift a few months later.  During your consultation, your board certified plastic surgeon should be able to explain all of this to you.

Good Luck.  

David Shafer, MD