Why Do Some Breast Augmentations Result in Flu Like Symptoms?

I have wanted Breast Implants for years now, but worried that I will experience the flu-like symptoms after a years some of my friends have experienced. What is the reason for this?

Commonly there are NO Flu symptoms after Breast Augmentation

+1

Regarding: "Why Do Some Breast Augmentations Result in Flu Like Symptoms?
I have wanted Breast Implants for years now, but worried that I will experience the flu-like symptoms after a years some of my friends have experienced. What is the reason for this
?"

Respectfully, we are dealing with a rumor. In the hundreds of breast augmentations done by me I have not encountered this flu phenomenon and have not heard about it from busier colleagues.  I would suggest it is coincidence or that you may have friends with weaker immune system.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Breast implants and ful-like symptoms

+1

I am not sure that I am aware of any documented coincidency of flu-like symptors and breast augmentation.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/

Flu like symptoms after breast augmentation?

+1

After surgery one may feel tired or run down.  This is usually due to the anesthesia and pain medicine after surgery.  I am unaware of any reports of flu-like symptoms after breast augmentation surgery.

Web reference: http://www.jjrothmd.com

Flu-like symptoms after breast augmentation

+1

For a few days to weeks after surgery, it's possible for patients to feel tired and somewhat run-down. This is because the body has increased metabolic demands as it heals after surgery. These symptoms, if they exist, tend to be mild. Beyond this, I have never heard of patients having flu-like symptoms. If your friends have experienced this, it is almost certainly unrelated to their surgery.

Hope this helps. Best of luck.

Recovery after Breast Augmentation

+1

There may be some nausea after anesthesia, and there is a period of recovery or perhaps feeling tired after surgery.  I have never heard of "flu-like" symptoms related to breast implant surgery, nor am I aware of any reports or publications regarding this.

Breast Augmentation and Flu Like Symptoms

+1

This is unheard of and unrelated to breast implant surgery.  You will have a recovery time after your surgery, but to have symptoms like your described is not related to breast implants.

Hope that helps.

Web reference: http://www.feplasticsurgery.com

Flu like symptons after breast augmentation?

+1

I have never heard of patients having flu-like symptoms after a breast augmentation. They do often feel run down fromt he enrgy expended to heal the body. This is normal.