Breast Augmentation, EHP 395cc. Will I Need a High Profile?

Help I had my consultation and all I chose 345 cc, round, smooth, (I am 170cm 62kgs and breast fed 3 babies) my PS recommended no smaller than 345cc as I had a fair bit of empty breast to fill. I've since changed my mind and want to go bigger 395cc, in the reply email the secretary told me she would order a 345cc EHP. Will I need extra high profile with the extra cc's? I really don't want big fake round breasts, more of a natural slope with a little cleavage. Is EHP for me? Or moderate plus?

Implant Size Choice

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:
1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system
Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.
Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.
This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.
Hope this helps.

Beautiful breasts require more than just an implant

+1

Breast implants are placed behind the pectoralis major muscle.  Compression by the muscle limits the amount of projection.  There is very little difference between high profile and moderate profile implants when placed behind the muscle.  Also, the size difference between 345 cc's and 395 cc's is 50 cc's which will probably not even be noticeable.  The goal of breast surgery is to make beautfiul breasts which are determined by high location on the chest wall, symmetry, roundness, centered nipple and least of all by volume.  Unfortunately, you have not provided us with photographs.  You need to consider more than just implant size.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

+1

Sam:

I don't think anyone can answer that without a photo and measurements (breast width in particular). I am wondering if there isn't is typo in your question, and I will assume the secretary ordered a 395 cc implant for you.

It seems likely that your surgeon wants to use an implant that is not wider in diameter than is your native breast tissue, and by choosing a larger size than originally considered, the surgeon prefers to use a higher profile implant. That will result in more projection than you would get from a high profile implant, and you would be well to review this with your surgeon before your scheduled surgery day, and choose what you and the surgeon feel will most likely help you attain your goals.

Thanks for the question and best wishes.