Post Breast Augmentation and Uneven Breasts? (photo)

I had a breast augmentation March 14, 2012 , Well from the first day of the surgery i noticed my right breast being higher than my left i had to wear the band for a month to help my right breast drop. It did drop a bit but now i notice that my left breast is sagging alot more and its softer and not as firm as my right what should i do?

Breast asymmetry after augmentation

+2

Ther can be several causes of asymmetry after augmentation, though one of the most common is an asymmetry beforehand. There can be differences you might notice on your before picture in size or shape of the skin envelope, or breast size. Still too the pocket may not have been quite right. At this point you can review your photos, and wait for several months to allow things to settle fully.

Poat breast augmentation asymmetry

+2

It looks as though the implants were probably placed under the muscle (?) and in this case the asymmetry is not as uncommon as we would like.  You are only 2 months out from your procedure so I would recommend continuing with the bandeau (strap) bra for another two months to see if things will settle more.  It is likely that there will continue to be improvement.

If at 6 months after surgery there is still a significant mismatch then a revision will be required. 

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Post Breast Augmentation and Uneven Breasts?

+2

If you could be so kind an post before photos so we could compare. This allows us to see if you had pre operative asymmetry. Either way you will need revisional surgery, sorry. 

Breast Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation?

+2

Thank you for the question and picture. 

Your plastic surgeon is in the best position to advise  you since he/ she knows your  situation best. For example, your plastic surgeon knows if you started out with some breast asymmetry ( before surgery),  exactly what was found and done during surgery, and exactly what your  physical examination is currently.

You may be dealing with differential breast implant “settling”;   breast symmetry may improve with time. However, your left nipple/areola complex dose seem lower and a “minor” breast lift may be necessary to improve breast symmetry.

Early breast encapsulation should also be ruled out (again your plastic surgeon is in the best position to do so after physical examination).  This process may explain why the right breast is firmer and sits higher on the chest wall.

I would suggest continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Asymmetric breast after breast augmentation

+2

Although hard to tell from the picture due to the angle and with out proper physical exam I do agree that you have a noticable asymmetry between the breasts. It possible that you maybe developing a capsule on the right breast but hard to tell with out per operative pictures. You may also need a small lift on left breast. It is still early in the recovery period for a revision. If a revision is needed I would wait for 6 months at least since your original surgery.

Good luck

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Uneven Breasts After #BreastAugmentation

+1

From your photo, it looks like there may have been some preexisting breast shape asymmetry. if this is correct, it is likely this is a normal expectation after your surgery. However, if your photos demonstrated symmetric shape to start, then a revision may be helpful.

Stay in contact with your surgeon to get the best idea on what options you have.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Breast asymmetry and implants.

+1

The most important photos for breast asymmetry following augmentation are the preoperative photos. Most women have a degree of asymmetry to their breasts which becomes magnified with an augmentation. From the photo provided, you have an elevated fold of the left breast creating more of a ptotic (lower) appearance of that breast. If you were symmetric to begin with, the current results may be due to a burgeoning capsular contracture of the right breast, or a lowering of the fold on the right side. Regardless, the recommendation is to let the breasts heal for another few months and then reassess.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

+1

More than likely the two breasts were different before surgery. This is normal. Give it more time to heal and the it can be reevaluated in a few months.

Give It Some More Time but See Your Surgeon

+1

You mentioned that it was getting a bit better. Early asymmetries can  be from swelling. You are getting so many weeks down the road so if it is persistent as time passes it may need revisional surgery. I would discuss the situation with your surgeon. While rare, sometimes superior pole massage can help but would not recommend unless your surgeon sees you first. 

Scott R. Brundage, MD
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon