Are My Breasts Tubular? Do I Need Breast Augmentation? (photo)

Are my Breasts Tubular? Hello, I'm an 28 year old female and ever since I had children and breast fed I've been concerned that my breasts are tubular. However, when my nipples are erect (as pictured) they look perfectly fine in my opinion. It's almost as if the tissue gets pinched back and creates a rounder shape. But I don't have naturally erect nipples, they're quite puffy. In your professional opinion, are they tuberous?

No, your breasts are not tubular.

+1

No, your breasts are not tubular, and no, you do not need a breast augmentation.  The question is do you want a breast augmentation?  If so, see two or more board certified plastic surgeons in consultation.

Good luck.

Tuberous breasts

+1

From the photos you sent, your breasts do not appear to be tuberous.  You have some flattening in the upper poles of the breasts that could be corrected with augmentation.

Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breasts

+1
Tuberous breasts typically involve a reduced breast base diameter, high and constricted inframammary fold, and herniation of breast tissue through the area of the areola. It does not appear that you have tuberous breasts.

Tuberous breasts

+1

I do not think you have tuberous breasts and no one needs to have a breast augmentation.  If you are interested in an augmentation make sure you visit with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Tuberous breasts?

+1

No you do not have tuberous breasts and if you want implants, they can give you more fullness.  If you want a tummy tuck as well, they both can be done through the tummy tuck incision.

Tuberous breasts

+1

No you do not have tuberous breasts. They are very natural looking, and it is normal to havr nipples become more projectile when ereceted. It appears that you right breast may be a touch smaller in contrast to your left one. This can be easily adressed, if you decided to have augmentation mammoplasty.

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

TUBULAR BREASTS

+1

Good News!! You do not have Tubular Breasts.  It appears that you have a nice shape with good proprotions with a little central deflation.  A breast augmentation would fill out your breasts nicely.

Web reference: http://www.toddbkochmd.com

Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous Breasts?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

No, I do not think your breasts have any of the characteristics typically seen with tuberous (constricted) breasts. Your breasts demonstrate changes typically seen after children (involutional hypoplasia). 

Some of the characteristics seen with tuberous breasts include a very narrow base, short distance from areola to inframammary fold, tight (constricted) lower pole of the breasts, relatively wide space between the breasts, "puffy" and areola and some degree of ptosis (drooping).  

In regards to your question regarding whether you “need” breast augmentation;  the answer will depend on  what your goals are. Generally speaking, breast augmentation is a “want” not necessarily a “need” type of surgery.

If you decide to look into this operation further, visit with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons to discuss your goals and how best to achieve them.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tubularbreasts.htm