If I'm Having a Lift with Breast Augmentation Should I Go Up in the CCs as Well? (Photo)

Im 23 and have had 4 kids (last pregnancy was triplets) Ive consulted with dr about some lipo and doing breast augmentation and was recomened to have a breast lift. I curently am 195lbs and stand at 5'11. I have a bra size of 38d. Im wanting to be in the upwards area of a DD. Id rather be a little bigger than smaller and not sure if getting a larger cc in the 450-550 range would work when getting a lift as well? I want them to not look to fake.

Breast Augmentation/Lift

+3

You plan to have a breast lift and augmentation sounds great for you.  The lift will move your nipple back up to the middle of your chest and implants will give you great cleavage and roundness at the top of your breast as well as achieve your goal of a bigger cup size.  Good luck!

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Implants with a lift

+2

first lets say that looking natural is a personal opinion and varies from person to person. I would say that if you are already a D cup, that placing the size implants you are stating will likely end up larger than a DD and also will likely not stay under the muscle for long due to their size and weight. These are things you need to discuss with your surgeon prior to undertaking those choices. When in doubt, the implant can always be placed at a later date so that appropriate sizing can be done.

Julio Garcia, MD

Mastopexy

+2

I think you  have a good and enough volume from your own breasts, if all lax skin goes away with the appropriate technique the breasts will lift up and will look like having an augmentaion without  implant. If you look at your numbers , you are already on D size, and you are looking for one more size up, so you don't need to have that much of CCs to get what you want. Reshaping the breast with mastopexy with no tissues ( only skin) resection will give a great young shape breast with no need for any more extra add, but you will stay in size D with better looking and more full breasts and normal nipples position, Best of luck.

Fatema S. Alsubhi, MD
UAE Plastic Surgeon

Should I have implants as well as a breast lift?

+2

I would advise you to just have the lift in the first instance.  It will not change the cup size of the bra but your breasts will sit higher on your chest and will feel fuller. A 450-550cc implant will significantly increase your cup size and all implants bring with them potential complications.  If you feel that you are lacking in volume after the lift, then you can have implants. 

I often do implants and a lift in one go, but in your case, I would advise you to stage it as you may not need the implants at all.

Good luck. Jonathan Staiano

Jonathan J. Staiano, FRCS (Plast)
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants and lifts

+2

One undeniable fact especially when considering breast implants and lifts is that the problems with this surgery almost always come from the implants and the bigger you go the more problems you will have.  So stick to the smallest implant that will still give you enough volume to make you happy.  Bigger isn't always better.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Breast lift with implants

+1

Dear KSMOM,

I highly discourage you from having implants in addition to a lift. Implants with time and regardless of size and placement will always stretch tissue and make things worse than what you have now. I believe you will greatly benefit from a new technique called the Ultimate Breast Lift. This technique will reshape your breasts and give them a firm and perky 'implant' look. But, the most attractive part of this procedure is that there are NO VERTICAL SCARS. The scars are hidden around the areola and the inframammary folds. Perkier breasts will give the appearance of larger breasts. I hope this helps. Best wishes, Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and implant size

+1

In general, when a breast is lifted properly it looks bigger even though the volume didn't increase. From a mechanical (fitting) perspective, implants done with a lift (mastopexy) should be smaller (both in width and forward projection) than in augmentation alone. In your situation I would strongly advise against any implants put in at the same time. You are asking for problems of size, shape, weight, and secondary surgery by lifting and augmenting breasts that are already D cup size. Do the mastopexy alone and then see if you still want the implants as a controlled secondary procedure later on.

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

+1

Your  questions are very hard to advise over the internet. If you truly desire a larger/lifted breast than a combination of at least 350 cc + lift can be done. But why not do the full lift first operation, allow healing. Than see if you desire a larger result with an implant. Just a thought. 

Breast lift and breast implants.

+1

The combination of a breast lift and breast implants requires careful thinking.  They are separate operations working against each other.  If you have plenty of breast volume, which you do, a breast lift may be all you really need.  Many patients with sagging breast ask for implants because they want firmer breasts.  Breast implants may give more firmness, but using breast implants should be if you desire larger breasts.  You already have nice volume, I would be very cautious about larger breasts.  The long term result may be compromised.

Steven S. Carp, MD
Akron Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with implants

+1

Your surgeon is the best person to talk with about the size of implant that you choose. That being said, based on your measurements and photograph, 45-550 cc implants should easily take you up to a DD cup size. Obviously, the larger you go with implants, the more fake they will look.  You do have some asymmetry of your nipples which may be why your surgeon recommended a lift at the same time. You don't appear to have much sagging on the right and a little more on the left. Just based on you picture without an evaluation, it appears that a small (periareolar) lift would be adequate. Best of luck with your surgery.

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon