Would 425cc perk up my breasts and give me my cleavage back?

I decided to consult a surgeon and explained what I wanted. I used to be a 36C, lost weight and now am a 34ddd/36 small c. The surgeon suggested 400ccs, I am slightly sagging and I told him I did not want a lift. I want to know if I do even 425cc will my breast perk up some and give me my cleavage back? he also suggested a sub-glandular placement using mentor gel implants. I want a slight bigger bust, according to them if I do the 400cc I will be at 36DD. What do you recommend?

Breast augmentation

+1

If you have ptosis then a lift is necessary. If you have pseudo ptosis then only implant will solve your problems. Either way your volume will be increased 

Breast lifts

+1

I am not one who believes that simple implant placement provides any lift for the breast.  If you need a lift but just have implants, you might be happy with the result as long as you realize the nipples will be a little on the low side.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Lift vs large implants

+1

I agree with Dr. Hhorowitz.  If you need a lift, then do the lift.  Placing a large implant with the hope it will make the nipples appear higher will fail you on both accounts.  The shaped implants can actually raise the nipple slightly if your nipple postion only needs to rise a small amount and may preclude the need for a formal lift.

David Marcus, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Implants and a Lift

+1

I would pick the implant that you want using sizers in the office.  In general, one cup size increase occurs with every 200 cc or 250 cc.  Therefore, a two cup size change may occur with 400 cc.  With regard to a lift, pictures would be necessary to give any type of clarity.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Lift , mastopexy or augmentation

+1

In my experience.   using implants to lift the breasts usually results in larger sagging breasts.  sometimes breasts deflate with weith loss and the nipple stays in a good location for implant alone.   this is unusual.

Breast Augmentation and Ideal Implant Size

+1

When choosing the ideal implant size and shape for a breast augmentation several factors need to be taken into consideration.  These include the patients present breast and chest size, the amount of elasticity in the skin and muscle, as well as the amount of breast and/or nipple sagging.  Although you have given a good description of yourself, only after a physical exam could a plastic surgeon recommend an appropriate size implant in your individual case.  Be certain to ask your surgeon to allow you to try on the various sized implants in a bra before making your final decision.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Will implants eliminate need for lift?

+1

I agree with Dr. Pound.

Really, the breast lift is a great operation that we love and hate.  We love the power of it to restore the breast to a perkier shape, with improved symmetry, but we hate the scars. 

My opinion is, if you need a lift, you need a lift.  Placing an implant above the muscle does not give a lift.  Above the muscle affords less support than below, and therefore, the tissues will tend to sag more and more quickly than below the muscle.

While it is true that over-inflating implants contributes to increased projection, using a larger implant per se does not, and both increase weight and tend to create more drag on a breast with diminished strength to hold them up against time and gravity.

So my opinion is, do the right operation for the right indication, don't do work around make shift operations that eventually will make a good outcome less likely, more expensive, and more risky.  Make sense?

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Implants won't lift

+1

Without photos and measurements it is hard to comment but it safe to say that an implant alone will not lift the breast. In some cases, if an implant is placed and then breast position is too low then it will look strange. The breast will almost be falling off the implant. The decision to lift is based largely on where the nipple position is relative to the crease at the bottom of the breast. Hopefully you can find a Board Certified surgeon in your area that can explain this. There are some patients who are border line cases and you might be one of them. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Breast augmentation

+1

A breast implant is designed to add volume to the breast.  It does nothing to lift or shape the breast other than to restore the volume that you lost during your pregnancy.  If you are sagging now then adding a breast implant will make you fuller but still sagging.  If you are sagging enough that your doctor is suggesting sub-glandular placement of your implants then perhaps you would be a better candidate for a breast lift.  I know that is not your first choice but it may be your best option for a perkier-looking breast.  Of course, the trade-off would be the scars.  I would also warn about putting in too large of an implant.  Finally, you said that your doctor said that 400 cc's would put you into a DD cup.  When you get into DD and DDD's then you are carrying a lot of weight through your neck and shoulders.  My happiest patients are my breast reduction patients.  They don't care what scars are on their breasts.  They are just happy to get rid of that weight.  Also, if you are short-waisted then larger implants can make you look stocky in clothing.  Just something to consider.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Breast Augmentation implant volume

+1

It's very difficult to discuss implant volume and implant selection without photos. Your best option remains with face to face evaluation. Often time seeking a volume increase on a slightly sagging breasts may make the breasts even more sagging. You have to assess the quality of the breast skin and how are your breasts shaped. If you are set on getting certain volume, then you may not have the "perk up" shape in the long run since the augmented breasts are larger and heavier.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS