Second Breast Augmentation After 4 Years After Pregnancy?

Hello everyone. I had a breast augmentation 4 years ago but had tubular breasts, ended up having 460cc overs. Since then I've had a baby and my breasts have dropped and have changed shape a lot. Would a second augmentation be simple or would the tubular surgery cause complications?

Augmented tubular breasts followed by pregnancy

+1

I can only imagine what has resulted from your journey.  But no comments can really be made without photos.  That being said, if I had to speculate blindly, I would think a lift would be mandatory and changing the implant and implant position elective.  You would have to decide if the risks were worth the costs and potential benefits. 

Redo breast surgery

+1

Hello. It is difficult to give to much advice without the aid of pictures. Redo surgery can be slightly more difficult but it is possible. If your breasts are sagging then a mastopexy would be needed to remove excess skin. You should contact your surgeon to discuss your goals and the best plan of action for your specific situation.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast ImplantSpecialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Revisionary breast surgery after pregnancy

+1

It is difficult to answer your question without an examination or viewing your photographs.  However, given your description, most likely your breast shape has changed from the pregnancy due to the engorgement of your breasts during pregnancy as well as the resultant stretching and deflation of your breasts postpartum.  

With such changes, it is not uncommon to require a larger implant to restore the volume lost.  A breast lift in combination would serve to place your nipple-areaolar complex back to its appropriate position and put at the most projecting portion of your breast.  Consultation with a plastic surgeon would help you to decide which procedure(s) would be right for you to achieve your desires.  Hope that this helps!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Breast drooping after pregnancy

+1

Thank you for your question.  As other surgeons have noted, without photographs it is hard to speculate.  Based on what you have noted, it sounds like a breast lift may be necessary to improve the breast shape and move the nipple up into a higher position.  This may require a larger implant, or you may keep the same size depending on your skin laxity and goals.   For me, the most concerning point you listed is the subglandular location of the implants.  This can make a revisionary mastopexy riskier as the blood supply from the muscle to the breast has been reduced.  Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon to get all of your questions answered.  Good luck.

Matthew H. Steele, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Breasts Dropped after Pregnancy

+1

If the breasts have deflated, larger implants may help fill a deflated breast.  If the implants have dropped, pocket revision may be necessary.  If the breasts are droopy, a breast lift may be in order.  Hard to say without pictures or an exam.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Revisionary Breast Surgery after Pregnancy?

+1

Thank you for the question, but despite best intentions, online consultants can only speculate as to what operation will best improve your situation. You may want to submit photographs with your next question or better yet seek in person consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can  demonstrate significant experience helping patients in your situation. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and communicate your goals clearly.

As you can imagine, will much  of what is recommended to you will depend on your physical examination and your personal goals.  The history of previous tuberous breasts may or may not complicate  additional surgery.

+1

Based upon your comment on sagging, but without the benefit of photos or better still and actual exam, I would speculate that you will need to consider a breast lift. If the volume is satisfactory, that is probably all you need. But if the breasts are asymmetric is size or you wish to be larger, new implants would be in order. 

Patients with tubular breasts are more likely to need revision surgery, and it should not harbor any extra hazards. Discuss all this with your surgeon. All the best.