Breast Augmentation Size?

I am planning to do breast augmentation in December. I am 105 pounds, 160 cm height, 32 AA . The doctor did a measure, and said I might go 225cc. Is that really fit my frame, because I think it is kind of small. If I can do a larger one?

What Breast Implant Size is best

+1
What Size is Best for You? This is a tricky question as a lot of factors are involved. Here is some guidelines I would recommend.
It is very difficult to determine the exact size and shape of implant that will fit your frame without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be tough to answer your question. For example your native base width of your breast will determine in many cases the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Additional critical decisions will also be made by your plastic surgeon such as: whether your implants will be above or below your pectoralis muscle. These choices are recommended to you based on the look you desire, the amount of sagging you may have, and other deciding factors. I always find it helpful for patients to bring in photos from my or other plastic surgeons’ websites to illustrate what they would like to look like. I bring these photos to the operating room for reference during surgery so that I have the advantage of “seeing through my patient’s eyes” to achieve their wishes.
I personally order more than one set of implant sizes and use sterile sizers placed in the pocket during surgery to know in advance exactly which implant would work best for you. Software morphing programs can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn't work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts).
My advice is to accept advice from your board certified plastic surgeon after a formal consultation and examination with measurements.. If still confused don't hesitate to get a second opinion.

Implant size selection

+1

Its difficult to answer your question or give any recommendations without a formal physical exam.  I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

105 lbs and 225 cc Implant

+1

Almost any woman can have about 350 ml implants placed if the highest profile is selected.  However, this may not be a great aesthetic look.  You should try on the sizers in a bra to get an idea.

Best Breast Implants For Me?

+1

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.
The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “very natural”  or “C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Implant Sizing

+1

As others have said, there are many factors that go into choosing the size of an implant. If you haven't already, I think you should have an honest discussion with your surgeon about your feelings and desires regarding size. Ask what his or her criteria were when choosing 225cc. Also, consider having consultations with other doctors before going ahead with surgery. Good luck.

Marshall T. Partington, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation Size Dependeds on Each Patient

+1

The size and type of implant chosen for each patient is dependent on a few different factors. 

Some of these factors include:

• The dimensions of the existing breast (including the base diameter, nipple to inframammary fold distance and others)
  • The character of the breast skin (loose, tight or moderate skin envelope) and the patient's desired outcome. 

For someone such as yourself who is relatively small framed (5'3" and 105lbs.) with small breasts preoperatively (32AA), a 225cc implant might provide you with the result you desire. 

Your surgeon should work with you to understand your desired outcome and then provide you with options that would be appropriate for you based on your anatomy.

David P. Stapenhorst, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Trying sizers the best option

+1

The best way to determine the right size for you is to try the implants (actually sizers)  on. In my office patients have the opportunity to size with implants which give them a better idea how they will look like after the procedure is done. I believe it is almost the most exciting part of the consultation. After sizing your surgeon will give you suggestions what is appropriate for your body type and your proportions. I can see how making your decision just based on measurements can be very difficult. I see patients coming from other offices where sizing was not a given option. We also have the option to use 3D simulation , however although great for the nose and neck I think it is still not very realistic for breast augmentation and seems to be confusing to patients since they can only see their torso without arms and head

Gregory Turowski, MD, PhD

BreastAugmentation Size? ANS:

+1

I agree that is sounds a little small..You didn't really say how big you wanted to be but still....225 is pretty small and may make you only a small B. Try the "rice test"...Ir really seems to help.

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Will 225cc Breast Implants Be Too Small?

+1

While a 225cc breast implant is certainly safe, it is likely too small for what you want to achieve. I would consider implants closer to 300 to 325cc depending upon what your size objectives are.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

How do I choose the right breast augmentation size for me?

+1

I would suggest "trying them out".  Get a stretchy sports bra and spend a little time in the office playing with different sized breast implants.  I find this helps my patients determine what they like best.  Once they pick a size, then I review with them if it is appropriate for their frame.  Almost always they pick an appropriate size.  If your surgeon doesn't have samples available, simply take a pair of hose, cut off the legs, and fill them with rice.  You can use these as sizers then convert the volume of rice to a rough implant size.  Good luck.

Brian Dorner, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon